Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8MB is 'next generation' according to your TV ad?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

I think a reasonable person would form the opinion that this statement is a breach of the trades descriptions act.
    More bluntly, you're completely taking the piss and why that ad hasn't been taken off the air is beyond me. UK has 50MB, Korea has 100MB, to name but two examples, but eircon's 8MB is 'next generation'? A perfect example of rip-off Ireland and outrageous paddy whackery combined!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

upc are offering 8 / 15 / 30 and 100meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Lord, I'd no idea! Not had UPC for a couple of years. That takes the biscuit. I'm sending a complaint in to whatever FF lackey regulates advertising. Unless, its being ironic and that went right over my head.
    Oops. Eir-CON! Were you being ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i would tend to agree with the OP that eircom are a tiny bit misleading with their next gen talk...

after all, its just extra capacity at the exchanges with more backhaul, not some new tech used to push faster speeds to further reaches on their copper lines

VDSL would be classed as next gen in my books :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

As far as I know in the USA 8mb isn't even classified as Broadband!

Advertisement