Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to change my site.

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I have a website already up and running. It is basic and was created by a friend of mine. Initially I had built my own using a free template but he jigged it around and use a different template and set the whole thing up for me.Which I am so grateful for..... Now I am thinking I would like to manage it myself. As I offer a service and prices change, special offers etc I would like to be able to advertise this on my site. I was also thinking about a bit of blogging on it too. Just not sure how to do it. My friend has all the control of my current site and it was set up on his apple mac so I don't think i can just take it over. What is difference between wordpress, ccs etc. I am a novice so plain english would be nice.

Is it possible to just add a blog onto my current sit? Maybe I should get him to try that and I could manage that myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Hi Anamcarame, first thing I would do would be simply to ask your friend? They will be able to tell you how it was made, whether the code was build from scratch, or they used a template/CMS system.

Regarding blogging, you can set up a blog and either link to it from your existing website, or possibly integrate it into your site (like www.yourwebsite.com/blog) - you should create a CSS file to make it match the theme/style of your website if you do that.

It's not enough for you to simply be able to edit your blog. You either need your friend to edit the website for you, by putting up special offers etc, or you need to be able to do it yourself. People might check your website for special offers but mightened bother reading your blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If you are happy with the look and layout of the current web site you could convert it to WordPress. This would give you the ability to update the prices and also to do blogging.

Advertisement