Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loans

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭

Hi

How long does it take usually for a loan to be approved from application?

I guess it would have to be applied for in the bank and not over the phone?

Also, is it possible to take one out for 6 months. The minimum seems to be 1 year...

Are they easily approved now? My credit rating would be quite good, I did miss one Credit card payment, my own error, I had the money but forgot to pay on time.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i've applied for loans at credit union counters, over the phone with banks and online. approval has varied from instant to 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Thanks.

It's with TSB. It would be a lot easier if I could apply on the phone.

I don't really live near my own branch now and while I know I could go into any branch and they'd send it on, it's just more time waiting on a decision.

They refused me earlier last year an increase on my Credit Card because of missed payment.

Would a similar decision happen with the loan. I heard somewhere that if you are refused a loan it shows up on any further applications or dealing with other lenders.

Advertisement