Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Nursing help needed.

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Can anyone offer any advice as I can't seem to find anything on the UCD website. I know that in recent years, there used to be a part-time course in Veterinary nursing but I'd like to know if it still exists. It's something I would love to do but couldn't afford to become a full time student.
    Any help or information would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

As far as i'm aware there is only a full time degree course available at UCD. Have you tried other colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Hi there,

All the (five) registered veterinary nursing courses in Ireland are full time. It's available in UCD (4 year Level 8 degree), AIT, DkIT, LIT (3 year Level 7 degree) and St. John's College Cork (2 year Level 6).

Some/all of these colleges may give you the option to spread the course over a longer period by taking fewer modules per year, however you still need to be available to attend college during the week when the classes are scheduled so it's not a widely used option. However if you would like more information about it you would need to contact the colleges themselves.

Advertisement