Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i been over sensitive in work?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,511 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sometimes the system for contacting people off sick can be a bit hit and miss. Some illnesses don't register as being reasons for sending a card. How many other people have been off sick while you have been there - maybe for a day or two with flu or whatever, and nothing has been organised.

Sometimes it can take a while to get established in a new job, and a lot of the time the issues are more in your own perception than in reality - I speak from experience. Did you look at the reason for the personal complaint? Could you see any justification or did you just 'close up' and deny it. You say yourself people think you are shy, but you are not really. If you are 'not really shy' why would people think you are?

You would probably find it would help if you try and see every situation from another person's perspective as well as your own. This doesn't mean you have to try and behave in ways that are not natural to you, but if you try and see other points of view you will find it easier to deal with situations.

And no, you don't have to be best friends with everyone at work, in fact it is unlikely that you will become close friends with more than one person, maybe not even one. But you have to work with them and be civil and pleasant, even though some of them may not even make that much effort. And it could be that the ones who are a bit off-hand and distant have the same feelings of insecurity as you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

First of all, congrats on having a job where the money is great and the hours suit you. I have a job like this as well and when I encounter problems at work, this is what I tend not to lose sight of...I know it can be hurtful when it seems that workmates don't seem to care if you're unwell, but when some people are sick they majorly resent when they're contacted by anyone from work for any reason. I don't know the background of the complaint that was made against you so I can't really comment on that part of it.

Advertisement