Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1B Approved - Now What?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Sooo my I-129 application for my first H1B visa was approved there on December 28th. I'm in Ireland at the minute and my employers recieved an I-179B form in the mail. However since we're all new to this process and not using a lawyer (which makes it incredibly difficult!) I'm a bit stumped as to what to do next.

The I-179b form came with a letter saying that I did not submit a duplicate copy that it 'may affect the benificiary's ability to obtain a visa at the consular office, however the petitioner may file a form I-824' and include a duplicate copy of the I-129 and supporting docs in order to obtain consular processing, 'if required'.

My employers called USCIS and asked them what to do, but they're not the world's best communicators and apparently what they were told is that unless USCIS says you NEED to submit anything then I don't. Has anyone else had this issue before?

As far as I know what I need to do next is go to the embassy for an interview...but they don't have any appointments available for ages. My boss just had a baby and they are short staffed...what are the chances of getting an emergency appointment?!

Cheers if anyone can help...I'll call the embassy tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out. Eek! I definitely don't reccomend doing this without a lawyer!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 orion12

Hey Ellie, how did you get on with your visa application so far? I am currently trying to do the same although I am finding it difficult to find an employer. I have a bacherlors degree and nearly four years experience so I should qualify okay. How did you go about finding an employer to sponsor you?

Advertisement