Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester 2

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering what is the week number we're starting back? Be a lot easier if it was just 1... How n ever

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

By my reckoning it should be week 19, but that's just based on counting because I know our Study Week for the exams in December was Week 13. (That seems like a huge gap :O)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

Good good

No labs and stuff first week back, sorted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

YouthNovel wrote: »
    Just wondering what is the week number we're starting back? Be a lot easier if it was just 1... How n ever

I got some good news for you.. It is 1. Each semester starts on week one. Classes end week 12. Exams are weeks 14 and 15.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I got some good news for you.. It is 1. Each semester starts on week one. Classes end week 12. Exams are weeks 14 and 15.

But SIS says I have a CAL in weeks 20, 22, 24, ... I assumed these were actually how the weeks were named!

If you've a 10 credit module the weeks might be listed continuously from Semester 1 to 2 (I don't know, I've never had one). Otherwise, each semester is completely independent.

• Advertisement

If you've a 10 credit module the weeks might be listed continuously from Semester 1 to 2 (I don't know, I've never had one). Otherwise, each semester is completely independent.

All of mine are 5 credit modules, and are separate to semester one modules! Sure I'll see in Semester 2 - I'm a first year so I'm not sure how it works yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

All of mine are 5 credit modules, and are separate to semester one modules! Sure I'll see in Semester 2 - I'm a first year so I'm not sure how it works yet :)

It definitely reboots as Week 1, Week 2 etc. Fluorescence speaketh the truth :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Im a 3rd year and mine do that annoying 21,22,23 thing, its really confusing. All my modules are separate 5 credit ones.....................why do they have to be so confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

eilo1 wrote: »
    Im a 3rd year and mine do that annoying 21,22,23 thing, its really confusing. All my modules are separate 5 credit ones.....................why do they have to be so confusing!

It is probably down to whoever inputs the information into the system or else down to the individual departments. Different schools might have different outlooks on whether it is week 12 or week 24 in Semester 2. It is far more common to start again at week 1 in Semester 2.

Just noticed this at the bottom of the calendar on SIS registration:
    Teaching weeks:
    Semester 1:Week ranges 1-12, weeks commencing 13th September-5th December 2010
    Semester 2:Week ranges 19-25, weeks commencing 17th January-4th March 2011
    Semester 2:Week ranges 28-32, weeks commencing 21st March - 24th April 2011
    For further details please refer to the Week Numbering Scheme

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

thank you!!!!!
    makes much more sense now :D

Advertisement