Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX 360 hard drive problems

• 04-01-2011 2:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

I have a 60gb hard for a xbox but it wont show up on the menu all the other hard drives do i tryed it on the jtag and it worked y is dis ?

also have a new 500gb for the jtag wat tool do i use to read it on the pc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

The 60gb isn't official, it's aftermarket (someone got a laptop HDD and formatted it in their Jtag).

500gb Xplorer 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's the same problem with the Security Sector with both drives, neither of which have been "signed" to say they are official which is why they'll work only on a JTAG.

If the 60GB is a Western Digital drive you can use HDDHacker to modify the drive and effectively spoof it to be a legitimate 60GB drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

the 60gb is a friend of mine thanks for the 500gb tool

Yeah but is it a legitimate hard drive? Like from a 360 console? Did it previously work in non-JTAGs? My guess is no, I've not heard of corruption of the SS before, at least not corruption that'd render it fine in a JTAG and not fine elsewhere

ye it did work and he go a new one and it wont work on it not the slim

• Advertisement

What are you lads doing with your hard drives..?

its not me ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I didn't catch that part, is your friends xbox, the one that works with hdd, jtagged?

Advertisement