Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binatone F350 Help!

Options
  • 04-01-2011 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi people, just got a Binatone F350 SatNav from Santa. Maps are well out of date and the BinatoneGPS website appears to have disowned its product. Is it possible for me to obtain a map update for UK/ROI anywhere? Thanks for your help. Nikonix

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Who's maps are on the device?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nikonix

Hi Koolkid, many thanks for your response.
    The manual has no useful info in regard to supply of mapping,
    however on further examination of the box there is a logo of Tele Atlas.
    So, I guess you will advise me to visit the Tele Atlas web site? :o ah well....
    a big THANK YOU, girlfriend will be pleased that she didn't get stuck with a brick completely!! Regards, Nikonix

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Let me know how you get on there.
    If you have no luck I'll try chase up TomTom.

Hi Kool Kid, have been to Tele Atlas site, they have lists of customers / partners but no mention of Binatone! They have map updates for various brands but again they do not mention Binatone. I have submitted a query via their site to them and await an e-mail response promised with-in 48hrs. I will let you know how I get on. Many thanks, Nikonix

Hi Koolkid, just to update you as promised. I have received an e-mail from Tele Atlas to politely say 'if you can't find your product mentioned on our site then we do not support it with update'.... they also advised purchasing a different brand :D ! I have heard nothing back from Binatone, and do not expect that I will. I have received e-mail from Argos where F350 was purchased, they are holding the line that 'it is nothing to do with them and they will not refund or exchange'. I continue to converse with them via e-mail in the hope of getting them to see sense, I await their next move. So, my girlfriend did buy a brick and it looks like we will be stuck with it! :) Many thanks for your input. Regards, Nikonix

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback. This is the reason why I always recommend either Tom tom or Garmin. Its the only way to be sure of updates and support.

The saga concludes amicably :) Received an e-mail from Argos UK this afternoon to say... 'we agree with you that our product fails to meet the standard as advertised by Argos (through no fault of Argos) and therefore we have arranged with the store to exchange or refund to you....etc' :)

So I am happy and relieved that we didn't get 'stuck with a brick' after all!
    We were lucky. It is my intention to purchase a Garmin Nuvi 205 which comes closest to our budget (an extra €25) and hopefully all will be well.

A big thanks to Koolkid for his support/advice and assistance.
    After I posted my first message seeking help, I read Koolkid's article on SatNav, pity gf had not read it first! A really good article that gave me valuble info to go check for a soluution but also an understanding of satnav technology that allowed me to tackle Argos like a SatNav tech pro. Thanks a million Koolkid, chalk it down...another success for you! Regards, Nikonix

Hi all, after receiving help from this board I did not want to just disappear into thin air again. I have been using my Garmin Nuvi 205 for two weeks now and am happy with it. Also had to update its map but there was no drama involved. So, until my next crisis....:rolleyes: best wishes to everyone here. Nikonix

Advertisement