Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rc truck battery

• 04-01-2011 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hello , i have a truggy and i'm looking to upgrade my battery from a 7.2v to a 7.4v lipo this one here (Battery) i'm just wondering if the tamyia connection that comes with the battery is the large type ? maybe somebody here uses this battery , any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Couple of things:

1. From what I've read Venom batteries aren't great. I have no experience with them myself - this is simply from forums.
    2. You'll need a LVC
    3. and a lipo charger
    4. Tamiya connectors are fine for occasional and low current use, but you'll want to change over to something better when you go lipo
    5. Oh, and make sure you know about the safety aspects re lipo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

Besides that 8000 mAh batt is nearly 38mm high. Make sure you have room to put it in. and it looks like a soft case - not too safe for offroad use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Couple of things:

4. Tamiya connectors are fine for occasional and low current use, but you'll want to change over to something better when you go lipo

The current should`t be any significant amount higher replacing an nimh/nicd to lipo, its just lipo`s are usually used in high current applications. But still it would be better to have better connectors alright.

Advertisement