Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone applied for an australian partner visa?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

A subclass 309 to be precise (offshore application)

Does anyone know the current waiting list times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Yes, but not recently, I applied for mine close to 2 years ago, in 2009. It took 3 months exactly at the time. I understand it was processed well before that but officially it takes minimum 3 months, unofficially it could be a matter of weeks, depending on the case officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Here I was thinking 8 months. Did you go via London?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Coming home then????????

What happened, you Finally get sick of the Glorious West of Ireland Weather :D:D

Coming home then????????

What happened, you Finally get sick of the Glorious West of Ireland Weather :D:D

Yes :(

If it rains on me one more time I swear Im gonna *shakes fist at sky*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Convinced the missus did we Jumpy...?

I know at least three Ozzies in Dublin that would love to know how to do that.

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote: »
    Here I was thinking 8 months. Did you go via London?

Yes, through London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Convinced the missus did we Jumpy...?

I know at least three Ozzies in Dublin that would love to know how to do that.

Just tell them to have a reality check with the economy, that should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Jumpy wrote: »
    A subclass 309 to be precise (offshore application)

Does anyone know the current waiting list times?
    yes, back in June last year. took ~4.5 months, they told us at teh time of applying the processing time was 3-4 months with the backlogs. All through London. Be happy to answer any questions if i can at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 missbudget

I went through this process recently as well and applied through London. It took almost exactly 4 months from the date they received the application to the date it was granted. And that was with providing all the documents required upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 London Irish

I was living in London at the time with the OH, just over 2 years ago, and I think it took under 3 months at that time, from when the paperwork was submitted. Getting the paperwork done was the hardest part - finding all the bills, letters, invites and other material that would prove a long standing and shared relationship.

I just got my permanent partner visa, after the 2 year provisional one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Aint you a BrissyBoy Jumpy??

I just got my permanent partner visa, after the 2 year provisional one.

What kind of information did they want to get the permanent visa? I am due to get mine 3 months time maybe.
    How long did it take to get the permanent one?

Aint you a BrissyBoy Jumpy??

Nope. Sydney.

Advertisement