Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How popular is basketball in dublin?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Sorry for the unusual topic :) Used to play basketball in school. Wouldnt mind playing it again.

Was just curious how popular is basketball in dublin these days? .. I know there is a "scene" (sorry for the stupid word) but how much? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

there's 5 divisions in the mens senior leagues, 6 in the ladies and the various super league teams - so reasonably popular (after soccer, football, hurling and rugby) and caters for all levels

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

CoolHat wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Sorry for the unusual topic :) Used to play basketball in school. Wouldnt mind playing it again.

Was just curious how popular is basketball in dublin these days? .. I know there is a "scene" (sorry for the stupid word) but how much? :)

see my signature if you fancy a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

You dont have a signature :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Oh and at the risk of sounding like a fool ( :( )
    2 on 2 Basketball isnt popular much in Ireland is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭sonic85

used to love playing basketball in school! havent played in years though - anybody play around carlow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

CoolHat wrote: »
    Oh and at the risk of sounding like a fool ( :( )
    2 on 2 Basketball isnt popular much in Ireland is it?

most ppl play with teams.. very little street ball or 2v2..

Advertisement