Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

It will snow - but for a few hours? Hardly worth it. Had a few Irish coast showers today left 2cm on N east coast. What we need is a good dumping of snow not this 1-4cm crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

rilz wrote: »
    It will snow - but for a few hours? Hardly worth it. Had a few Irish coast showers today left 2cm on N east coast. What we need is a good dumping of snow not this 1-4cm crap!
    your obviously very used to snow, for those of us who rarely get any 1-4cm would be lurvely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

See the latest TAF update for timings on the snow. Cork, you're up now....

http://www.irishweatheronline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

darkman2 wrote: »
    The heaviest snow could well be tomorrow night in the Midlands, South and East. Winds will go Northerly at some stage after tea time and then significant snow could fall in places.

Dublin snow? :D

*Fetches Toboggan* :cool:

But the all important question is... will it stick....?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tramore is showing +0.4c DP -2.6c so thats not bad under cloud cover. The fact that the wind is not off the sea could work in Waterford's favor. That 11 or so Kms from the coast could make all the difference. If its anything other than rain ill be happy, ill take sleet ;)

Sleet :eek: get out of that garden Gerry Murphy :pac:

Regardless of what falls it'll be short lived with mild air on the way soon enough. A few years ago synoptics like this would have been very exciting but after all our spells in the chiller the possible wetter snow doesn't even excite me. Sooner this cricket finishes i can go off to bed :D

• Advertisement

fizzycyst wrote: »
    your obviously very used to snow, for those of us who rarely get any 1-4cm would be lurvely :D

That's the fun of this weather tho. NO-one can predict what will happen. Couple of Streamers formed in Irish sea and has left its mark.

Tomorrow and Saturday shold be fun!;)

Su Campu wrote: »
    See the latest TAF update for timings on the snow. Cork, you're up now....

http://www.irishweatheronline.com

Any TAF update for Waterford airport Su?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

JS will be singing on the streets of Cork tonight after that TAF!

All he needs know is for it to start falling:D

Cork may need floodlights cause it will be gone by morning whatever snow that falls!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sleet :eek: get out of that garden Gerry Murphy :pac:

Regardless of what falls it'll be short lived with mild air on the way soon enough. A few years ago synoptics like this would have been very exciting but after all our spells in the chiller the possible wetter snow doesn't even excite me. Sooner this cricket finishes i can go off to bed :D

Snow excites me Jerry, wet or dry i don't care ;) I think the fact we got no snow last month in the coldest spell in a long time has still left its scars hence being happy about sleet :pac:

• Advertisement

Any TAF update for Waterford airport Su?

Waterford TAF only goes to 5am but it has no mention of snow I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

There must be something falling in kerry by now?? Have snow wine on the go, day off work tomorow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

mothel wrote: »
    There must be something falling in kerry by now?? Have snow wine on the go, day off work tomorow! :D

there's no wine like snow wine...

ps not going to bed till 1st flake falls somewhere!!!

day off work tomorow! :D

Jammy besterd I in at 7 - I gettin drunk tomorrow afternoon.

Bring on the snow!

ps not going to bed till 1st flake falls somewhere!!!

Bit of dandruff just fell on the keyboard, goodnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm gigging in Galway at the moment and had planned on staying the night but now i'm wondering should i head home to Wexford as soon as i'm finished.

Yes/no?

Actually the TAF for Waterford Airport DOES have light to moderate snow and sleet from 2am - 9am! Sorry about the misquote before Jerry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Is it just me, or is anyone else surprised that there have been virtually NO snow reports as yet?
    I keep pressing goood old F5 expecting to read reports that the white stuff has arrived . . .
    Anyone?

Bit of dandruff just fell on the keyboard, goodnight!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp gone up to 0.6c but DP still -1.9c, squeaky bum time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Clouding over but no snow here yet. That said there's still frost on the car and the met radar suggests its minutes away so its all good I'd have thought.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Actually looking at met radar, its stalling a bit on the coast I think. This is probably no bad thing, must mean the cold northerly plunge is not just being brushed aside by the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

looks like it's just hitting the Waterford coast on raintoday, DP -1.8 temp 0.9C on Mick's website.......all good so far:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Cloud to the south, car heavy in frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Temp gone up to 0.6c but DP still -1.9c, squeaky bum time :eek:

LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It's good to see that Beat Radio are appreciating MTC's super powers of weather deduction. :D

http://www.facebook.com/Beat102103

Hurry up 1st snowflake or I'll be found face down fast asleep on the keyboard!!

fizzycyst wrote: »
    looks like it's just hitting the Waterford coast on raintoday, DP -1.8 temp 0.9C on Mick's website.......all good so far:cool:

Dp is fine but i'm not liking the fact that temp is rising all the time up to 1.2c now, Dp -1.7c, still squeaky bum time :eek:

• Advertisement

Calling Bandon Kinsale Clonakilty Carrigaline Tramore, anything yet?? You're all well under it by now??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement