Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

would I be correct in thinking the lighter yellow shades on raintoday don't usually have that much precip? if so, we may be waiting a while:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

mothel wrote: »
    Calling Bandon Kinsale Clonakilty Carrigaline Tramore, anything yet?? You're all well under it by now??

Well the Sherkin stn which I assume is unmanned (sic?) is reporting mist at 00h20. Would that be light snow I wonder? The front hit there a good hour ago so at least its not rain. DPs holding up v nicely in Cork on 00h20 reports, airport is -4 and Midleton bypass is -5. Temps are +1 or +2 but that's ok. Still frost on my car but no precipitation.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Cobh here and nothing as of yet no rain mist or even snow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

If I had to guess who (of our regular posters) will be most excited by snowfall in their vicinity tomorrow, I would say the people in Kilkenny and Laois.

Cheers MTC, Hopefully the front will deliver and allow us to catch-up on Casements 60+cm in the running winter totals!

Personally thinking, I feel that this is the start of a very snowy final two thirds of winter... constant battles between cold and mild over us... Hopefully so!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

fizzycyst wrote: »
    would I be correct in thinking the lighter yellow shades on raintoday don't usually have that much precip? if so, we may be waiting a while:rolleyes:

That would be the lighter stuff fizzy but on the premium version its showing snow now for Waterford City but nothing in reality. The fact that they think it will be snow is good but its purely luck at this stage. Should know soon enough.

• Advertisement

That would be the lighter stuff fizzy but on the premium version its showing snow now for Waterford City but nothing in reality. The fact that they think it will be snow is good but its purely luck at this stage. Should know soon enough.
    This is hilarious, I keep saying to myself that I'm going to bed after the next 15min update of the radar....then it has inched another bit towards us so I'm still here! soon hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Im whipping out my new Snow Warning sign:D

142285.jpg

M5 buoy (S off Wexford) has DP gone to +1.1c for midnight. Winds due east.
    Premium radar shows precip starting in Waterford City at 1am.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

This is hilarious, I keep saying to myself that I'm going to bed after the next 15min update of the radar....then it has inched another bit towards us so I'm still here! soon hopefully :)

I'm the same fizzy but i'm here until something happens whether its rain, sleet or snow. Temp now 1.6c Dp -1.5c so still ok. More importantly the slight wind is from a NE direction, off land which is good.

redsunset wrote: »
    Im whipping out my new Snow Warning sign:D

I like it, but it would be nicer to see it on the amber Irish sign.

• Advertisement

Danno wrote: »

Nothing here yet Danno, cant be far away now. Temp +1.6c DP -1.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Danno wrote: »
    i presume dats not good danno,positive DP& mildish easterily

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

I'm the same fizzy but i'm here until something happens whether its rain, sleet or snow. Temp now 1.6c Dp -1.5c so still ok. More importantly the slight wind is from a NE direction, off land which is good.

Same here..looking out window still nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Seems to be breaking up a it hits the coast and sliding east, so think I'll call it a night! Good luck everyone!

Tramore and Dunmore have had a bit by now I'd say....this lamp post watching craic is giving me a pain in my neck (literally:D)

delw wrote: »
    i presume dats not good danno,positive DP& mildish easterily

Well, M5 buoy is 30 miles south of Hook Head, so it would take something else to keep it colder! However, when the winds whip up it will show what conditions will be like on east facing parts of the south coast.

Already the winds have shifted NE off the Cork coast... all is not lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

light rain here:rolleyes:

dave1982 wrote: »

Any increase in intensity should turn it to sleet/wet snow. Cobh is 2.6c/-0.5dp so still to play for...

ah no, sorry to hear that dave. I wonder why the DP in Cobh is higher than all the surrounding stations:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Oh dear!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

ah no, sorry to hear that dave. I wonder why the DP in Cobh is higher than all the surrounding stations:confused:

Because the women there are hot!! So no snow for ye..........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

mothel wrote: »
    Oh dear!!!!:confused:

thought you'd gone to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DanRu

Hey,
    Snow falling in South Wexford, v.light. Let The fun begin:cool:

Cobh updates every 10 minutes, unlike surrounding stations there. http://86.43.106.118/weather/ is Cobh LIVE

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

DanRu wrote: »
    Hey,

you on the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

DanRu wrote: »
    Hey,

at last :D;):):eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

NIALL D wrote: »
    at last :D;):):eek::pac:
    no snow/rain in wex town....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

When should this band hit Dublin???

Thanks.

Dan

Still nothing in Waterford City, Temp 1.7c Dp -1.4c There is a streaming webcam and live stats here www.waterfordcityweather.com and to adjust video quality mouse the webcam image and you can improve image quality. Also on the site if you click the Waterford Live Webcam link you can get a still image updated every 10 seconds which is a higher resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Path worn out over and back to window!
    Anyone else besides Wexford getting snow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement