Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Goresbridge? :D

Not as funny as Effin. Pissing down with quite a wind behind it, hard to see this turning to snow,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

jo06555 wrote: »
    So after this is over is their any others we can look out for or is it dry all weekend :confused: (hoping no rain)
    I think once this is gone tomorrow morning we should be dry until Monday...it looks like it's going to be a pretty wet week though jo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

It's just started raining here in Kilkenny (or about 5 miles north west of the "city")

Was expecting to have had about 3 or 4 cm's of snow by now!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

I think we need to have faith they said it might rain first then turn to snow oh please let it be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

mike65 wrote: »
    Not as funny as Effin. Pissing down with quite a wind behind it, hard to see this turning to snow,

Wexford takes the biscuit for funny place names. In the south of the county there is Bastardstown and Horeswood. There is also a shop in the town called 'Hores Stores'!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can't believe there are so many people praying for snow, what's wrong with you? :D It wouldn't bother me if I never saw it again in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Ok i'm confused 50% of the people seemed adamant that Kilkenny and the surrounding counties would get snow.... Now i'm just hearing rain rain rain. All i wanted was snow on my Birthday!

Later on this evening hopefully . . .good news is, in kk city temp is falling slowly (now 3.5) and DP a little quicker (0.6).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snowing in north Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

DarkJager wrote: »
    Can't believe there are so many people praying for snow, what's wrong with you? :D It wouldn't bother me if I never saw it again in my life.

Didnt Limerick City pretty much escape all the snow though?

P.S. 100 posts for me whoo hooo

mike65 wrote: »

When I first started working the 999 line, I had a woman call in one night, screaming their was a fire, I asked her where it was, She said EFFIN LIMERICK, so I asked her again where exactly, and she said EFFIN LIMERICK, I said, ok madam, please calm down, dont be abusive, Im just trying to get your exact location. I thought she was just swearing at me. The seasoned lads in the office where wetting themselves.

• Advertisement

Boo Hiss. Down with thsi sort of thing :mad: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

kopfan77 wrote: »

No. The last time it came it took me almost 4 1/2 hours to get from Cork back to Limerick. I never ever ever want to experience that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Pissing down with rain in Waterford city so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

temp seems to be rising in clondalkin. this to be expected initially as the front moves in?

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

kopfan77 wrote: »

We have had just a 10 min flurry of snow so far this Winter :(

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Bucketing down here in wexford.

Rain that is. That's all i've been expecting though, All eyes on the 19th/20th for me now. :)

Hope everyone that wants snow today gets it, Could be heavy judging by the rain down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I wonder will Dublin get lots of snow, it seems the further north this moves it's turning to snow. Ought to make it interesting by the time it moves north to Dublin

ellieh1 wrote: »

Did you get any last winter?

Raining in Arklow at the moment....lets hope it stays that way! :D
    It will,but could change to wet snow later tonightas the winds swing north.
    Sleety snow for roundwood in the next hour or two if artictree is watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Min wrote: »
    Snowing in north Kilkenny

Hasn't reached me yet is it heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I thought there would be snow up the country but I think that's unlikely now. This band of raining is just that and its gotten warmer down here the further into the front we go (dp and temp both now 3c). It was very cold when it arrived so I am afraid I wouldn't rely too much on how things feel in predicting what will fall when the rain hits. Hope I'm proved wrong though. Perhaps the fall of night and a change in wind direction might help ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

0% chance of snow in Dublin from now until sometime this evening/early tonight, then the rain could turn to wet snow (dry snow higher up) but we'll just have to wait and see if those dew-points decrease (currently +3 dew points in exposed coastal areas, about +1 in more inland areas of the county). The more north of east the wind is, the better. Atm is straight easterly so not too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

gone very dark here in county meath, rain, rain, and more rain is not far away

baraca wrote: »
    Bucketing down here in wexford.

Rain that is. That's all i've been expecting though, All eyes on the 19th/20th for me now. :)

Hope everyone that wants snow today gets it, Could be heavy judging by the rain down here.

Lashing here too, Hopefully the Blackstairs are getting plastered atm. More impotantly it better last till sunday! Its not a good sign that there is not a even tiny bit of sleet, just pure rain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Snowing very very very light in Tralee Co Kerry

wooooooooooohoooooooooooo:D:D:D:D

No. The last time it came it took me almost 4 1/2 hours to get from Cork back to Limerick. I never ever ever want to experience that again.

4 1/2 hours, wow. Yeah, i found myself that we had 3-4inches in newcastlewest, I work in the city and by the time i got to adare on the drive to work there was nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I thought there would be snow up the country but I think that's unlikely now. This band of raining is just that and its gotten warmer down here the further into the front we go (dp and temp both now 3c). It was very cold when it arrived so I am afraid I wouldn't rely too much on how things feel in predicting what will fall when the rain hits. Hope I'm proved wrong though. Perhaps the fall of night and a change in wind direction might help ye.

Snow has already been reported in limerick and north kk.

ellieh1 wrote: »

Thats what i was thinking ellieh...i think its one of the few places not to have been touched by either of the heavy falls of snow (end of nov and back end of dec)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Vain wrote: »
    Snowing very very very light in Tralee Co Kerry

wooooooooooohoooooooooooo:D:D:D:D

How is it snowing there and not here. That makes no sense, its 4C higher in Kerry than here. wtf:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement