Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    Snow/hail west limerick landing 300m

Report that its still snowing in Newcastlewest, Co. Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I think this snow event for Dublin is a complete non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

What part of North Cork?

about 10 miles west of charleville

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

raining in Newbridge - about +4C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I have confidence for later on. I think I'll be seeing it before going asleep and it will be there when I wake up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

As Darkman stated best chance for Dublin probably after 9ish till precipitation clears (about 1-2am). Winds will clearly be northerly even before precipitation clears.

Here in Dalkey rain has just started and my nose tells me the temp is somewhere between 4.5 and 5 degrees, winds still very very light (I would have expected a stronger wind being in such an exposed location)

See attachment for wind direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    We NorthWesterners as still here... Sitting quietly. .... Waiting our turn.

speak for yourself (forecast is for showers tomorrow)

huge jump in temps this aft though went from -2 to +2 in a couple of hours

you looked south - fantastic sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Temp and dp falling in Cork. Both down to 2c now and rain getting sleety I think?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

12Z looks great for this evening onwards. No sign of a downgrade on the cards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Going home to Louth will be interesting tonight. Only 6 miles from the coast but I've one excellent card in my hands... home is about 150 metres above sea level;)

In bad news, the NRA stations in south Louth which are going to be a real bellweather for the drop in temperatures throughout Leinster later are as high as about 4 degrees... And that's only in a very light easterly breeze.

Do you not DO kilometers in Louth either?? The signs have been in kilometres only for the past four or five years as well as speeds but you Irish seem to have major problems making the conversion/transition. Must be a colonial past thing:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Rain turning back into sleet. It doesn't know what it wants to do. Temperature is falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Snowing heavier now (still not sticking however) in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Latest HIRLAM model showing track of rain/sleet/snow. Click on Nedbor http://bit.ly/cP6sAU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

12Z looks great for this evening onwards. No sign of a downgrade on the cards :D

how much snow if any could us in county meath get

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

how much snow if any could us in county meath get

About 3 and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Snowing here in north tipp past hour starting to lodge now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Predicted snow cover at 9am tomorrow http://twitpic.com/3nu19q

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

Samash wrote: »
    sleet/snow here since about 2. -1 by my very scientific car temp. roads are getting white but not cars or grass. very light dusting though :o

after turning to rain/sleet here now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Sonovagun wrote: »
    About 3 and a half

ardcath can 3 and a half, we'd sooner round it off around 5 here in the heart of the county ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Snow line (black line)so far is something like this, no reports of snow in the Wicklow area as of now.

The red line indicates the probable limit this front will move to, before shuffling off to England. Will probably skew a litte more north Easterly into the Belfast area
    142344.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Do you not DO kilometers in Louth either?? The signs have been in kilometres only for the past four or five years as well as speeds but you Irish seem to have major problems making the conversion/transition. Must be a colonial past thing:mad::mad::mad::mad:

first and only warning - stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lashing Rain Newcastle Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

It is related as I want to know what distance these eplaces are from each other and I am going on distance in kilometers which is on the Irish signposts!!!

How many miles in 1 km? The answer is 0.621371192237

There you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

It is related as I want to know what distance these eplaces are from each other and I am going on distance in kilometers which is on the Irish signposts!!!
    so change miles to kilometers, no biggie

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Need to work....must fight...urge to continuosly look out window
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

some off-topic posts deleted. Posts saying posts are off topic are off topic.

unless a mod posts them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

why don't you use them then?? Most of the modern world does. Notrying to be provocative here but why do you not use what it says on the signs?? I and most others in the world do not understand miles and since Ireland is officially metric why don't u use this system??? The only reason I suggested was your attachment andober reliance on Britain and everything British. I am just making what I deem to be a valid statement.

The last time i checked America was still in miles, Anyway we don't have to abay everything the noob heads tells us in the Dail and Brussels.

Back to the weather still looking good for the midlands this evening and parts of the east. I noticed the GFS has a slight upgrade for the north east as it has the front moving up more over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

rain n greystones,some charts show coastal wicklow with some precip and others with nada.

• Advertisement

Well, there it is so far. Rain reported in Dublin, kinda thought that would happen. Looks more positive come nightfall mind you, temperatures are dropping across the country, so we may expect that black snow line to fall a bit further south during the night.

Fingers crossed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement