Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

speak for yourself (forecast is for showers tomorrow)

indeed. showers seem to get going at 4 am, but will they be of snow at lower levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

ch750536 wrote: »
    rain here guys.

now snowing, & lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Oh drat! started raining here, hopefully this will turn to snow very soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Radar sites for viewing progress of precip http://bit.ly/17selq - http://bit.ly/mQO9L - http://bit.ly/icexvt - http://bit.ly/V1OXI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Rain/Sleet Limerick City :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

love snow yummy yum

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Raining at the red cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Weather forecast on Radio1 after the 4pm news said it will be snowing inland later this evening , so it seems just the coasts and where the front doesn't reach that will avoid the snow.
    How much sticks is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Raining Dublin 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Raining heavy in Waterford City, 6.6mm since the rain started. Temp is 4.5c DP 3.6c, no sign of either falling. Wind is easterly at 6km/h

Detail from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Raining in Chapelizod, forget it for Dublin folks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Raining quiet heavily here in north kk do you think this will turn to snow later in the evening anyone want to guess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Raining in Chapelizod, forget it for Dublin folks! :rolleyes:

I predict you will have changed your tune by later tonight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

Is there a chance that we are finished with snow for the year?

I hope not but it seems we were spoiled before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Not at all,still 2nd half of winter to go!!:):cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

darkman2 wrote: »

When I mean snow I mean snow on the ground, it's raining heavily here and it doesn't feel cold enough for it to freeze, so I can't see any snow sticking... My gut feeling on snow for Dublin (as in a fair bit of it ending up on the ground!), is completely negative... I think the reason for the feeling being negative is because it is a front moving up from the south, I've only been on the forum here for the last year in relation to the weather but I've always associated anything coming up from the south as a warm thing and anything coming down from the north or in from the east as a cold thing...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Did someone open a can of pessimism?

pessimism.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

darkman2 wrote: »

It won't stick even if it does snow and will be gone by Sunday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

When I mean snow I mean snow on the ground, it's raining heavily here and it doesn't feel cold enough for it to freeze, so I can't see any snow sticking... My gut feeling on snow for Dublin (as in a fair bit of it ending up on the ground!), is completely negative... I think the reason for the feeling being negative is because it is a front moving up from the south, I've only been on the forum here for the last year in relation to the weather but I've always associated anything coming up from the south as a warm thing and anything coming down from the north or in from the east as a cold thing...

agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Still raining here on the border of N and S Tipp, doesn't look like I'm going to get out and play again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Here's a good reason to be pessimistic: The NRA stations in south Louth have had no fall in temperature over the past hour. A very slight increase in fact, and these weather stations are closest to being upwind from Dublin as the wind direction changes to a more NNE bearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Bannerman1995

Steady sleet and snow in Shannon now

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Report form North Laois, 5 miles from Offaly, 10 Miles from Kildare. 210 feet above sea level. Time 4:25 pm.

Moderate to heavy rain. Not quite cold enough for snow - but nothing in it.

Bah.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I've seen a couple of times rain events turn to snow and the snow stick very quickly even on to wet roads. Remember the ground/surface temps are very cold.

Temp slowly dropping now. 3.8c DP 2.1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Ground is covered..... with water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Was raining for the last couple of hours, now turned to sleet/snow and seems to be sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Can't really understand people calling this event as 'all rain' and 'no snow' etc etc. Conditions are only going to get more favourable as the evening progresses. Then we'll sum it all up when precipitation clears at about 1-2am.

Pissing rain here in south coastal dublin anyways:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

snow falling from the sky is still snow even if it doesnt stick,so if it does come later its a good call from Darkman2 as he saying snow even down at the coast from the start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Raining heavy in Waterford City, 6.6mm since the rain started. Temp is 4.5c DP 3.6c, no sign of either falling. Wind is easterly at 6km/h

Detail from www.waterfordcityweather.com
    Hi where is that camera in the city?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement