Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Temperature has dropped 1 degree in Dublin 15 (to 2.6 degrees) but it is still raining..no sleet yet although it will snow I would imagine in the next couple of hours.

No chance of getting snow up there boy, it's all down in Cork! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

fizzycyst wrote: »
    your even getting my hopes:), aren't you usually on the slightly more conservative side with snow predictions?

Ah yeah, but I need my first snow of the year, so it must come tonight! :D:D

And scientifically, conditions for snow should improve. Temperture's are currently starting to fall across the East and South East. Certain counties will be a stretch for snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Is this only a temporary cold snap? I read earlier that its supposed to get milder from Tues next week?

Chances of accumulations tonight in DCC??

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Nothing but Rain and more rain in Tipp Town, any chance of us seeing snow here tonight or do I just have to watch the news.......

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

Temperature has dropped 1 degree in Dublin 15 (to 2.6 degrees) but it is still raining..no sleet yet although it will snow I would imagine in the next couple of hours.

Snowing in Limerick City, kid!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Enjoy the first bit of wet snow you have had since the beginning of winter!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

No chance of getting snow up there boy, it's all down in Cork! :D

ah stop you'll tip him over the edge :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 algie

bucketing down with heavy snow on m7 outside limerick - building up on sides of motorway

Enjoy the first bit of wet snow you have had since the beginning of winter!!:D:D:D

i will enjoy it......thanks! enjoy ur rain:D:D:D

T.C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Yes!! it has turned to snow now! delighted the rain only lasted shortly:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Nothing in Ennis yet, no rain or snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

danni2 wrote: »
    Yes!! it has turned to snow now! delighted the rain only lasted shortly:D

Still raining here in Tullamore. Hopefully snow is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Still Rain here in Kilkenny, and the Lampost has stopped working!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

maiden wrote: »
    Nothing in Ennis yet, no rain or snow!!!
    snowing in newmarket on fergus. will be with you shortly. it's taken the turn at clare inn by accident. should have stayed on bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Jesus Wolf, the excitement is killing me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Light rain here. Won't see much rain or snow this evening as the front pivots off to the east soon

Samash wrote: »
    ah stop you'll tip him over the edge :D

Hey Corkie, in a couple of hours it will be a different scenario. Only slush and wet stuff comes from the South. We got 'feet' of decent fluffy stuff up here in Dublin - started in November here in Dublin and Cork is only now seeing a few wet flakes as is Limerick!. Get a grip.:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Pis*ing out of the heavens here in Dublin West...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Hey Corkie, in a couple of hours it will be a different scenario. Only slush and wet stuff comes from the South. We got 'feet' of decent fluffy stuff up here in Dublin - started in November here in Dublin and Cork is only now seeing a few wet flakes as is Limerick!. Get a grip.:D:D:D:D

Now now, beware the green eyed monster. Our snow is as good as your's.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Just back in got drowned puddles everywhere seen my neighbour has the sand bags out:P:P:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Hope you all get the snow your 'forecast' to get :)

I know we here in Arklow wont get any this time around, but i enjoyed the 3 weeks of it we got in december :pac:

I hope we get some later on in the month:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

pissed rain in tramore from 3-5pm stopped now. not as cold as it was earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

look at the temperatures in the south, 10c!!! wow!, -2c here currently, enjoy ur rain south and east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Mooro wrote: »
    Still raining here in Tullamore. Hopefully snow is on the way.
    Ah yeah I'm certain you will get snow very soon, snow getting a bit heavier here now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

A balmy 6.3c here in Waterford City. Rain has stopped with just over 10mm falling. Wind has changed to NW which has helped drop the temp from 6.7c a while ago.

Details taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

wey hey. it's snowing in Ballymahon:D:D:D:D:p

I always said Waterford and Cork were the tropics of Ireland! I am going to move down there as I am honestly fed up with the snowy east, particularly Dublin and Wickla!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

-1C with a DP of -2C. Just a pity we will have nothing falling this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

dont worry the snow is on the way, after the rain :rolleyes:

I really hope so, thanks! :)

• Advertisement

Snowing quite heavily in Limerick! not just a few wet flakes, thanks v much!
    Ill have to take the skis up the golf course 2moro morning!! haha like i did a few weeks ago when we also got snow!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement