Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain outside, heaviest rain ive seen in a long time. It may turn to snow later but it's already too late for sticking purposes as everywhere is saturated. Let's face it it's game over for the East, rain and large poddles everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I always said Waterford and Cork were the tropics of Ireland! I am going to move down there as I am honestly fed up with the snowy east, particularly Dublin and Wickla!:):)

Still lashing snow in tropical north cork. 0 Celcius :D

Around 3-5cm snow on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Snow in Lmk when leaving work but much heavier and sticking in Adare

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Snowing quite heavily in Limerick! not just a few wet flakes, thanks v much!
    Ill have to take the skis up the golf course 2moro morning!! haha like i did a few weeks ago when we also got snow!!:D

Lashing snow in newcastlewest, co limerick...over cm lying on the ground already...was fun driving into the estate already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

A balmy 6.3c here in Waterford City. Rain has stopped with just over 10mm falling. Wind has changed to NW which has helped drop the temp from 6.7c a while ago.

Details taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com
    it's amazing how quickly the temp increases when the wind changes southerly, hopefully it will drop just as fast now with a northerly:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Oh its lovely!! heavy snow falling now and the ground is starting to accumulate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Bucketing down sn rain all afternoon here . . .:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

fizzycyst wrote: »
    it's amazing how quickly the temp increases when the wind changes southerly, hopefully it will drop just as fast now with a northerly:cool:

Its dropping like a stone, was 6.7c about 20 minutes ago now its 4.8c :eek:

yes and DP dropping pretty fast too, I'm kinda getting my hopes up now but there's no way I'm staying up until 2am staring at the radar again lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Can definitely start to see the beginning of the 'pivoting' or 'wrapping around' of precipitation on the rtoday radar, colder air will be introduced as it moves to the east. I expect it to get increasingly sleety with snow possible even in dublin city (of wet nature) by 9-10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

danni2 wrote: »

Nice one, its getting closer and closer to the east...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

But the radars gone clear for waterford and south kilkenny . .or will be in a few mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

But the radars gone clear for waterford and south kilkenny . .or will be in a few mins!

It's all over for us isn't it?

but it's pivoting tony! didn't you hear about the pivoting??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

channaigh wrote: »
    It's all over for us isn't it?

Never really on in the first place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Limerick gets snow at last!!!

DSCF0462.jpg

homolumo wrote: »
    Never really on in the first place :(

Well I'm north Kilkenny near thurles and up a hill thought it lookedvgood to get a pasting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »

good stuff danni2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Another pic:

DSCF0464-1.jpg

and another:

DSCF0463.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Snow in north tipp very heavy now couple of inches. How do i post a photo need help. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭county man

OK has stopped raining here but very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

serious snow!

Snow in north tipp very heavy now couple of inches. How do i post a photo need help. Thanks guys.

Whereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

raining in navan:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

serious snow!

where is herbertstown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Raining here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Report form North Laois, 5 miles from Offaly, 10 Miles from Kildare. 210 feet above sea level. Time 4:25 pm.

Moderate to heavy rain. Not quite cold enough for snow - but nothing in it.

Bah.

Time 6:20 pm

Sleet and rain, heavy enough. If this turns to snow there will be a LOT of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

channaigh wrote: »
    Whereabouts
    From my pictures folder just downloaded from my camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

From my pictures folder just downloaded from my camera.

:D I could be wrong, but I sort of thought he meant 'whereabouts in North Tipp'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Limerick is experiencing heavy snowfall - roads and paths slippy already. Two crashes reported already too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement