Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

We will get snow later, it's no big deal, it's just snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

From my pictures folder just downloaded from my camera.
    facepalm_picard_riker.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

But, to answer your question, there's a paperclip symbol over the box where you type your message reply that you could use...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

where is herbertstown

South Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Mc Love wrote: »
    Limerick is experiencing heavy snowfall - roads and paths slippy already. Two crashes reported already too

Maybe heavy for Limerick!! But not for the rest of us!!:):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Been snowing moderately in Athlone for the last 30 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

serious snow!

suppose for a small fella it would be:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

ffarrell7 wrote: »

How much snow have you got in Dublin at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just let people enjoy their snow for god's sake! Nobody cares how many feet we got in Dublin in Nov/Dec. It's January now, time to move on :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

good stuff danni2 :)
    Thanks nacho:D snow has eased down a bit now but have a nice covering of snow on the ground so far, hope this continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Min wrote: »
    How much snow have you got in Dublin at the moment?

rain i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Moderate snow falling and probably for the next couple of hours. Approx 2 cm snow on the ground SE Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Two crashes reported already too

Honda, a Subaru or a Mitshubitsi? They were probably horsing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Can someone help me out - a snippet from Met.ie "Cold, frosty and mostly dry in parts of the north and northwest but elsewhere rain and sleet will become more widespread this evening with heavy rain especially in the south, some wet snow in places also especially on higher ground. The rain will turn more to snow at lower levels for a time early tonight, before clearing southeastwards " If its going northeast how can it clear away south eastwards ??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Snowing pretty heavily in Tullamore now. And it's accumulating too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Can't believe how heavy the snow is and how quickly it's accumulating (Kilmallock, Co limerick). About 2 inches now on my hi-tech, scientific measuring system a.k.a the wheelie bin.

Have to drive from Kilmallock to Limerick City shortly (Croom road). Anyone have any update on how bad the roads are? Friend of mine already crashed on the bridge in Bruree about an hour ago, so not looking forward to the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

But, to answer your question, there's a paperclip symbol over the box where you type your message reply that you could use...
    Thanks for that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Where's my snow??

*Stomps foot*

Sincerely,

Sneacta-less in Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

I always said Waterford and Cork were the tropics of Ireland! I am going to move down there as I am honestly fed up with the snowy east, particularly Dublin and Wickla!:):)

Meatball

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My car:

DSCF0467.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp has dropped from 6.7c at 5.30 to 3.3c now and still falling. Thats a hell of a big drop in only one hour. If this things pivots we might be in with a chance of something later.

Temps taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Temp has dropped from 6.7c at 5.30 to 3.3c now and still falling. Thats a hell of a big drop in only one hour. If this things pivots we might be in with a chance of something later.

Temps taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com

Are you getting my hopes up again??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Can someone help me out - a snippet from Met.ie "Cold, frosty and mostly dry in parts of the north and northwest but elsewhere rain and sleet will become more widespread this evening with heavy rain especially in the south, some wet snow in places also especially on higher ground. The rain will turn more to snow at lower levels for a time early tonight, before clearing southeastwards " If its going northeast how can it clear away south eastwards ??:confused:

The radar can be misleading at times...the system is slowing pivoting/rotating and rain should clear East/South Eastwards (tonight).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Temps dropping in Dublin now - down to 3c at both Casement and Dublin Airport. It will be some hours yet before it's snowing here though - around 11pm I think it will be snowing in Dublin cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

couple of inches lying now, still snowing strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

We have only had a 10min flurry of snow this winter so far, so we are loving this at the min!! We have been extremely patient I think :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My car:

DSCF0467.jpg

FYP
    win.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Rain, glorious rain here... never thought I'd be happy to see the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

After earlier optimism, it's not looking good in terms of precip intensity. What's in the SW, is not leaving, therefore weakening. It is starting a slight movement, but it's not going to pick up intensity, but continue to die. It's odd, fronts like this shouldn't be weakening so quickly, yet last night it did, and it's looking like a smaller area is going to be effected by any of the heavier precip tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Been snowing moderately in Athlone for the last 30 mins

It's quite lovely. sticking on the road outside the shop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement