Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Indeed you have...enjoy!! Never mind the rest of them..they just do't understand my humour... I love taking the piss out of people but not with any malice attached. Just being a little quirky and mocking but in a playful sense... the Irish don't appreciate my sense of humour. Anyway que la neige continue toute la soirée pour vous!! If you don't speak French I will translate it for you (but it is nice!!):D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Are you getting my hopes up again??;)

Its all about the " Pivot " ;) If the temps keep dropping as fast as they have been its an outside chance. I'm still amazed at how fast the temp dropped in the last hour. It was like a switch was flicked and the drop started. Just shows how important the wind is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

John.Icy wrote: »
    After earlier optimism, it's not looking good in terms of precip intensity. What's in the SW, is not leaving, therefore weakening. It is starting a slight movement, but it's not going to pick up intensity, but continue to die. It's odd, fronts like this shouldn't be weakening so quickly, yet last night it did, and it's looking like a smaller area is going to be effected by any of the heavier precip.

The heavier precip is in Meath. It's been wreaking my head for the last hour or so :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

After earlier optimism, it's not looking good in terms of precip intensity. What's in the SW, is not leaving, therefore weakening. It is starting a slight movement, but it's not going to pick up intensity, but continue to die. It's odd, fronts like this shouldn't be weakening so quickly, yet last night it did, and it's looking like a smaller area is going to be effected by any of the heavier precip tonight.
    and the rollercoaster begins:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Maybe heavy for Limerick!! But not for the rest of us!!:):)

nah son, just rain for you:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

snow 2011 049.jpg hasn't stopped all afternoon and still pelting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Not wrote: »
    The heavier precip is in Meath. It's been wreaking my head for the last hour or so :mad:

Yeah there's heavy precip on the East atm too, but its nearly all rain, we need the stuff over the SW, and into the midlands, to spread over, bringing the snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Its all about the " Pivot " ;) If the temps keep dropping as fast as they have been its an outside chance. I'm still amazed at how fast the temp dropped in the last hour. It was like a switch was flicked and the drop started. Just shows how important the wind is.

So true, have been keeping an eye on your site all day.. hope the temp keeps dropping now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Temp falling here in wexford, From a balmy 7.2 down to 5.0 in the last hour.

Front is pivoting but losing alot of intensity as it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Any snow in Tullow? Heading down there tomorrow and I'm hoping there's no snow :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Yeah there's heavy precip on the East atm too, but its nearly all rain, we need the stuff over the SW, and into the midlands, to spread over, bringing the snow :D

Wish it would, snow is lot quieter...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

142363.jpg hasn't stopped all afternoon and still pelting down.

Lol

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

beautiful rain in north meath :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Lots of snow here in kerry, snowing last 3 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Who's the cracker on the RTE weather?!??!? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Supercell wrote: »
    Lol

Behave.

Haha.

Rain glorious rain here, no wet snow here thankfully in the (one) CC.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

'I cant stand the rain against my window' as Tina Turner once sang

I want the snow pelting against my window here in Tallaght :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Very light snow here no accumulation

Crossmaglen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Was thinking of driving from Dublin to Nenagh tonight, but heard on the radio that there have already been snow falls in Munster and that the Gardai are asking people to take care on the roads. They later upgraded that to saying that the roads were "treacherous".

I'd really rather go tonight. Does anyone know first hand what its like out there? Its only raining here in Dublin so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bucketing rain here, lots of surface water.

4.0c / 4.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Siobhan Ryan

Fullscreen+capture+15112010+210727.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Siobhan "In The Mix" Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Every time someone mentions limerick this is all i can think of . . .

:pac:

popflop wrote: »
    Very light snow here no accumulation

Crossmaglen.
    Crossmaglen S Armagh?, beautiful part of the country. I've spent many happy summers there visiting relatives, the winters there are much more snowy than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Every time someone mentions limerick this is all i can think of . .

:pac:

Pause at 0:27... why is the bridesmaid hiding in the background??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Cionád wrote: »
    Siobhan Ryan

I would!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

snow 2011 049.jpg hasn't stopped all afternoon and still pelting down.

Cool timelapse animation bro. Almost as good as that New York one with the clock. Thats some accumulation since this afternoon alright. ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Cionád wrote: »
    Siobhan Ryan

I thought her name was Cynthia? As in, "I'd bu..............!!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    I would!!

Ya cant bate a bit of jean though . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17ui0sez1XzIid0PTGE5MRrLfG1djZHtfVjR2QBub9_8HELlG

You dont see in the mix ryan with a dedicated thread for every new dress she wears . .:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement