Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like winds will shift NORTH in the leinster region from 9pm.. expect transfer to sleet and then snow, with full snow when it clears, but at this stage precip might have decayed abit.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

The roads are very bad around Nenagh. It hasn't stopped snowing here all day. I don't know what the rest of the country is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Every time someone mentions limerick this is all i can think of . . .

:pac:

Every time someone mentions the Rubberbandits, yer one in the blue dress is all I can think of........

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

cracker? You guys have strange tastes...wind has veered NNW here in Dalkey, this is good:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

patneve2 wrote: »
    cracker? You guys have strange tastes...wind has veered NNW here in Dalkey, this is good:rolleyes:

NE again now...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Erm can RTE not spell largely?

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Ya cant bate a bit of jean though . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17ui0sez1XzIid0PTGE5MRrLfG1djZHtfVjR2QBub9_8HELlG

You dont see in the mix ryan with a dedicated thread for every new dress she wears . .:P

Give it time Tony, give it time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Does this mean we might get a little bit in the North west by any chance? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I think I can safely say that Galway has escaped the proper snow everytime this Winter. FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

its lashing rain here in clondalkin..d.22:(

is this it now no snow just rain:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Some serious amount of rain in Meath. Imagine if this had fallen as proper snow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

I love my holiday home in Wickla...pity I need to rent it out or I would perhaps contemplate living in it myself (Laragh)...the snowiest county in Ireland both North and South.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Does this mean we might get a little bit in the North west by any chance? ;)
    we wish but I doubt it... think we have a wee present arriving from the NW tomorrow afternoon.. though it is downgrading all the time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It is so wet in Dublin at the moment, 3 degrees in D16. It is hard to believe if this does turn to snow it will have any hope of sticking.

Just taken five minutes ago.
    snow 2011 060.jpg

Not wrote: »
    Some serious amount of rain in Meath. Imagine if this had fallen as proper snow :eek:

it would be greattttttttttttttttttt :D:D:D

Just taken five minutes ago.
    snow 2011 060.jpg

were was it taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Moderate/heavy snow falling for nearly 2 hours now, snow settling very well and getting deeper and deeper:D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

And no snow for Clare. . .again :( :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

danni2 wrote: »
    Moderate/heavy snow falling for nearly 2 hours now, snow settling very well and getting deeper and deeper:D

Did you get much rain before it snowed?

mumo3 wrote: »
    were was it taken?
    North Tipperary.

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I love my holiday home in Wickla...pity I need to rent it out or I would perhaps contemplate living in it myself (Laragh)...the snowiest county in Ireland both North and South.:D:D:D:D

You just come in and post the most ridiculous random crap. Are you mentally ok?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Well here in scouseland we had the opposite of most of you, snowed for about 3 hours this morning and now its bloody raining again :mad: I would say I wish I was at home in Dublin but looks like its pissing it down there aswell. Roll on a nice cold, snowy last part of January :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Vudgie wrote: »
    Did you get much rain before it snowed?
    No not that much, when it started raining it lasted for about half an hour before it turned to snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ya cant bate a bit of jean though . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17ui0sez1XzIid0PTGE5MRrLfG1djZHtfVjR2QBub9_8HELlG

I don't know about the weather, but it's high noon on my sundial :D

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I think I can safely say that Galway has escaped the proper snow everytime this Winter. FML

Can't speak for the city but we've had a couple of good falls of snow in Loughrea over the winter, and I spent an exceptionally snowy day in Ballinasloe/Ahascragh a few weeks back as well.

Few flakes in Loughrea just now too :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

It's the most snow I have seen fall around here I think.

Started around 16:40 and still falling. Just built a pretty big snowman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Wet snow in Tipp Town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    I would!!

Not with a bargepole - she looks manish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement