Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Well..... It SNOWED !! :) lovely white covering on everything. What nice surprise !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

All white here :) , -2c. Lets hope theres more to come later.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Light covering here in Dublin 15 but only very light

Covering in Claremorris too.
    http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

Looking at the 8am radar theres another batch on its way Pangea... earlier it gets here the better I guess before it gets warmer. We could have an 'interesting' day if the DPs stay right ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some very light snow here now. 0.1c

DONEGAL TOWN - 8.25AM 8TH JAN 2011
    48849754.jpg

I'd say Pangea is just getting a direct hit at the moment... hmmmm wonder what it is...rain or snow:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just got a very very light dusting of snow including to roads. The old snow heaps seem happier! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

IMG_4273-1.jpg

Snowing (lightly) and -1C. I'm going to log this as the 18th snow day since Nov 27th :D

• Advertisement

Nothing falling yet :)

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Snowing (lightly) and -1C. I'm going to log this as the 18th snow day since Nov 27th :D

Looks pretty much like what I got. Snow is snow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

IMG_4273-1.jpg

jaysus if whats on your windshield is on the roads, get the gritters quick.

It is a tad icy Big Dad; but the roads dried up before the snow. So I'd say it's OK - not that I'll be testing it any time soon!

lol Bid daddy cool you are absolutely right, even a light covering of snow with freezing temperatures can be nasty on the roads ;)

Grrrr... Looks like one of those days when a shower on raintoday doesnt mean a shower in reality ! And would you believe it... the fecking sun is after coming up too... how very inconsiderate !!

Phantom showers...
    Although when I look out I can kinda see some sort of precipation (if you squint your eyes enough) , like moisture, maybe thats what they are picking up I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

There's a dusting of snow here in Dublin right beside the sea!

Well, to appreciate the full extent of the blizzard here.....

IMG_4268-1.jpg

And now the sun is out; so that could be that!:(

good lord bill that was some blizzard, your right not to venture out on the roads, there must surely be carnage on them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just waiting for the sun to come up here and burn all this crap away. Roads were lethal last night on way back from Cork. Took me over 3 hours and saw multiple cars in the ditches.

I had the old ruler out to measure the depth but I couldn't get it to stand up. :D

as it happens we got snow here in north meath last night, not much looking at some of the pictures i see on here this morning but enough to turn the grass white and cover the driveway up to the edge of the footpath around the house.

I had the old ruler out to measure the depth but I couldn't get it to stand up. :D

what about the ruler :D

As you see our blizzard managed the driveways but couldn't get to grips with the grass. It's so bloody long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

I got the same heavy Snow as Wild Bill and DOC. :D

Ok well it's more of a patchy flake covering but its better than nothing. :)

0.6C atm.

Dan :cool:

yeah Pangea.. if you look at the Met.ie radar what just went over us didnt exist (if that makes sense). Now the big blob tracking in over north mayo and heading slightly NE definately does exist on the met radar... lets hope it doesnt break up before it gets this far.. looking promising on the 9.15 raintoday and met. Fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Just a quick question, am i right in thinking that the reason the dew point
    yesterday in Waterford was high was because we had high humidity
    (averaging 98%) for most of the day?

All quiet here today, sun just coming up,
    current temp 1.3c DP 0c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Lethal roads here this morning. Twelve hours of rain/sleet now frozen as black ice. Lots of snow in north of county apparently. As predicted by Darkman, Blackbriar and MTC for days. Well done to all.

• Advertisement

Snowing lightly now, Cant see much accumulations ,just a novelty really this event but still nice to see it snowing. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement