Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times Of Grace

Options
  • 04-01-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

When Killswitch Engage released 'Alive Or Just Breathing' in 2002 it really opened my eyes to the whole genre. I'd go so far to say as it's one of my Top 10 albums of all time alongside Shadows Fall 'The Art of Balance' (I always end up putting those two albums together)

In any case, when I heard about Times Of Grace, I was really excited by the prospect of Jeese Leech teaming up with the original driving force behind KSE and possibly producing some kind of follow up to that album. I wasn't disappointed and have already pre ordered this.

I really hope for a tour because their music is some of the most refreshing I've heard in a while and I love their sound and can imagine it would be astonishing live. I think that Leech should never have left KSE, he obviously did through no fault of his own, but this proves what a fantastic vocalist he is for those two young to realise that and those who missed their chance to see him live with KSE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Big fan myself,although this material sounds fairly different to what I'd expect from these two,kind of like as daylight dies only with Jesse at the helm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've only heard that song there and so far its good, but not as good as I was expecting, I prefer The Empire Shall Fall, Jesses other band

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Yes indeed. I'm very much looking forward to getting this one. It is a great sound. Also love the non-cliched visuals and artwork they are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I've only heard that song there and so far its good, but not as good as I was expecting, I prefer The Empire Shall Fall, Jesses other band

Here's another track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I would have loved to seen the Killswitch show last year when Jesse sang for them. This is as close as we'll probably get too An original Killswitch album, unless Howard jones has a heart attack or something (he's gotten fat!!).

If Killswitch engage announced tomorrow Jesse was gonna sing and they were gonna tour Barely breathing, would the response be positive though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I would have loved to seen the Killswitch show last year when Jesse sang for them.

I think he just sang those 5 songs in the set for nostalgia and just because they wanted to announce Adam and Jeese would be doing something - Times Of Grace - and that Jeese was still on good terms with the guys. For my money, nobody does 'Fixation On The Darkness' or 'My Last Serenade' better
    If Killswitch engage announced tomorrow Jesse was gonna sing and they were gonna tour Barely breathing, would the response be positive though?

Yes, from older fans, but negative from those who have essentially grown up listening to Killswitch fronted by Howard Jones - most fans of the band probably know little difference

Just got the album from the label, sounds excellent overall

It'd be deadly if they came to Ireland,doubt it tho.They've announced dates in the US.They were talking in an interview about getting people in to play the material live,funny if they just asked the Killswitch boys:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

A bit of a meh from me. Prefer Howard Jones tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Great album ...... Touring USA only atm

Touring band announced. Joel from KSE on guitar.

Checkout the full album stream here:

http://bit.ly/tog-hymn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Have wanted to get this album. Thanks for the reminder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Albums a bit meh really, its lacking the intensity I love and know from Jesse I think, Adam D's horrible over dosed auto-tuned vocals are a disaster aswell. I think The Empire Shall Fall are a better Jesse Project.

Are you sure Adam d's vox are autotuned?I don't think they are.I could be wrong they just sound drenched in other effects to me.

I really like the album but I do think the comments about the vocals are a valid criticism. They have really worked the vocals with lots of layering and effects.

In the end I don't think it takes anything away from the album.

It's not valid if the criticism is an effect that isn't used though!What your saying about the layers is fair enough,I don't see a problem with that personally,it's what i'd expect from an Adam D produced album.
    But I honestly don't believe theres any autotune on the album.I could be wrong,it could be very subtle,but usually pitch correction sticks out like a sore thumb.I'd be a little disappointed if there was any pitch correction on this.It has it's place,but not on an album like this imo.Whats the point in recording an album and then playing bad live shows to support it?

Advertisement