If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp and Speakers

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi John,

Quick one for you. My boss is looking for an amp (preferably something that has 4 HDMI in and 1 Out with the usual sound codecs. Nothing overly fancy) and Speakers. The speakers need to be white and wall mountable, so need to look decent.

Budget is about 400ish euro (could stretch if the right package was available)

What can you suggest?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Quick one for you. My boss is looking for an amp (preferably something that has 4 HDMI in and 1 Out with the usual sound codecs. Nothing overly fancy) and Speakers. The speakers need to be white and wall mountable, so need to look decent.

Budget is about 400ish euro (could stretch if the right package was available)

What can you suggest?

Belmullet,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

Theer are two really excellent options - The Onkyo HTS3305 is a really great little system at just £299.95/€369.99 and meets (almost) all your requirements (it only has 3 HDMI in's and black speakers).

Better still is the Denon DHT1311 at €399.99 which has the 4 HDMI in's and a much better speaker package however again the speakers are in black.

If white speakers are a deal-breaker then we are in a spot of bother withinh the budget - we have the excellent Boston XSB5.1 speaker pack at £269.95 which are available in white including wall brackets or the Camridge Audio Minx system http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/cambridge-audio/minx-s215/camb-minx-s215-whi at £499.95 or the classic Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 is also available in white at £399.95.

Keep me posted if any of the above are of interest and again apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

Hey John,

Back at you with the apologies for not getting back sooner.
    I'm going to look up some reviews of the Denon unit and see what it's like! :)

Thanks for the info!

btw, can these be delivered to Ash and the guys in the Philips store for collection?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey John,

Back at you with the apologies for not getting back sooner.
    I'm going to look up some reviews of the Denon unit and see what it's like! :)

Thanks for the info!

btw, can these be delivered to Ash and the guys in the Philips store for collection?

Yep no problem - Keep me posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.