Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late opening gym

• 04-01-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

My son wants to join a gym but his times are restricted. Monday to Friday can only be after 8.30p.m. and, later in the year, this will change to after 9.30p.m. He's in 6th year with a long school day and no exercise - and he's driving us crazy, as well as going crazy himself so I said I would pay for a six month gym membership. He's more interested in the gym than in using a swimming pool.

The Tower or The Bridge are best located but on first enquiries the times don't seem ideal - any comments from users?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

most gym's close by 10 no matter where it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Deisedarren

The waterford crystal gym closes at half 9 monday to friday and 9-5 saturday and sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Many thanks for your comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Or...rather than spend up to 500 euro on gym membership why not buy him a treadmill, rower or a bench with weights so he can work out at home. He can use it then whenever he wants it and a year later if he is still interested you could buy him another peiece of equipment rather than fork out for another years membership..if he has lost interest you can sell the equipment. But you should defiently promote either though because exercise benefits the mind as much as the body..nothing like a good hard run or weights session to blow off steam and you always feel great after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

You could get weights and other equipment a lot cheaper second hand on www.adverts.ie or www.donedeal.ie

• Advertisement

Teebor and Dan,

Many thanks for your very sensible suggestions. Teebor you hit the nail on the head - he had long hours at school, 9a.m. to 9p.m. and despite that he finds it hard to sleep at night and a bit of exercise is what he needs to tire the body to match the tired mind, so to speak.

I don't see myself investing in equipment as I am fairly certain I would be left with it forever - maybe I should start exercising myself! Also, with the brighter days he will return to cycling, which he enjoys.

Waterford Crystal seems to be top of his list at the moment and I am happy with that as it is the cheapest around.

Many thank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Black Dog wrote: »
    Teebor and Dan,

Many thanks for your very sensible suggestions. Teebor you hit the nail on the head - he had long hours at school, 9a.m. to 9p.m. and despite that he finds it hard to sleep at night and a bit of exercise is what he needs to tire the body to match the tired mind, so to speak.

I don't see myself investing in equipment as I am fairly certain I would be left with it forever - maybe I should start exercising myself! Also, with the brighter days he will return to cycling, which he enjoys.

Waterford Crystal seems to be top of his list at the moment and I am happy with that as it is the cheapest around.

Many thank.

they have a good 15:50 (15 visits to the pool or gym for only €50) offer in there at the moment...leave him use it at his leisure and you don't have to sign any long contracts, just renew the card when his 15 visits are up, it equates to 3.30 a session, good value in my books.....

Calvin_Zola, Does this 15:50 refer to Waterford Crystal?

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Black Dog wrote: »
    Calvin_Zola, Does this 15:50 refer to Waterford Crystal?

Many thanks.

Yup it does

Many thanks, Calvin, this is the one he opted for and we went out today and signed up.

Good sized gym there, impressive.

• Advertisement

If im right You were the chap and son went up to the gym to have a look around first b4 he joined up,
    I was Serving On reception

Spot on Deise Darren.

Many thanks for being so helpful.

No probs Black Dog,
    Anything to help,

That's the first, no second, time that Boards and and real life have interfaced.]

Advertisement