Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Championship

Options
  • 04-01-2011 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Sunday at 9pm will be the default time unless I/many others arnt available.
    Pre-race free run will decide the grid. That will be running from around 8.30. Its fastest first btw.

1 track will be selected after the following one to allow people the practice it for the next week. Also a bhp limit will be given. Each race will be roughly 10 laps depending on how long the track is.

The points for all races are as follows
    1st-25--2nd-20pts--3rd-16pts--4th-14pts--5th-12pts--6th-10pts--7th-9pts--8th-8--9th-6pts--10th-5pts--11th-4pts--12th-3pts-13th-2pts--14th-1pt. The season will be 12 races.

I will keep an updated leaderboard in this thread.

Put your psn below if you want to join.

1st race this Sunday 9pm start, qualifying 8.30. 10 laps around Grand Valley Speedway. Max bhp is 300 and you can use cars from your garage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Should be getting it today!

WolfForager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PSN: hoorhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Sounds good. Add me, Psn id is meath77

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Add me
    twinsen_x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Count me in :)

PSN: Cossiedevil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Cool. Put boards in the request.

PSN: Cronin_j

By the way, i only got the game last night, I did my B licence so will do the A licence tonight. will i a need higher one by Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

cronin_j wrote: »

By the way, i only got the game last night, I did my B licence so will do the A licence tonight. will i a need higher one by Sunday?

No, doesnt matter what licence you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

sounds good. i haven't really gone near online yet.

PSN: johnthegreatest

• Advertisement

cronin_j wrote: »

just find out what track it'll be and practice it all week. No excuses!

Ok first race is this Sunday at 9, 10 laps around Grand Valley Speedway. Max bhp is 300 and you can use cars from your garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Is there going to be qualifying or how will we work the grid?

Pre-race free run will decide the grid. That will be running from around 8.30. Its fastest first btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

any restriction on tyres, race cars or race modifications?

no, as long as its under 300bhp then its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I'd be up for giving this a lash - PSN ID n-o-cal

Im usually in on a Sunday so will play.

Tribal_Army

I'm nearly finished both A+B spec and i still haven't even had an online race yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

Im up for this, be a bit of craic.

PSN: Edgehog84

Ok thats enough for now, my psn is full as it is so I dont want to be deleting too many more.
    If people arnt turning up then ill allow more to join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Sundays are problematic for me, o well best of luck

I'm having internet problems at the moment, I'm on boards with my phone. Should have it sorted in the next 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

if anyone drops out my PSN : eosirl08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

eosirl08. wrote: »
    if anyone drops out my PSN : eosirl08

Me too. Psn: paz100

Maybe there's enough interest for a second Boards championship ?

2/3 people still havent accepted my invite on psn, if ye dont accept by saturday then Ill cancel the invite and inv the two lads above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I'll throw my hat in in case there's a third cancellation; PSN id is brennarj1 (I think!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Can you recommend a good car for this race, I have a fear of everyone else just shooting off ahead leaving me choking on their dust.

Can you recommend a good car for this race, I have a fear of everyone else just shooting off ahead leaving me choking on their dust.

I was the same. Bought 2 cars to have a go with cos most stuff in my garage is too powerful. Then copped on I could have used one I already own if I removed some of the mods. :(

Different cars suit different people, I used the practice feature to see what suits me. At the moment its a Honda nsx. I got the type r new from the Honda dealer and modded it to 299 bhp.

What's the story with traction control and abs when online?

On a side note, I saw a daihatsu midget on baggot street yesterday. Had a ferrari badge on it.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I was the same. Bought 2 cars to have a go with cos most stuff in my garage is too powerful. Then copped on I could have used one I already own if I removed some of the mods. :(

Different cars suit different people, I used the practice feature to see what suits me. At the moment its a Honda nsx. I got the type r new from the Honda dealer and modded it to 299 bhp.

What's the story with traction control and abs when online?

On a side note, I saw a daihatsu midget on baggot street yesterday. Had a ferrari badge on it.

All driving aids are left on if you choose to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

hey Kev ps3 may name can be removed from reserve list cause my ps3 yellow lighted :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: wont be able to collect a new one till monday. but next time i'll join for sure

Advertisement