Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Magown3 wrote: »
    Also, cars of the same make and model is a good idea.

it is but part of the fun was trying to find something that meets the criteria. that race modded elise is a rocket though :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Yea I think we should maybe use the same car for everybody.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Magown3 wrote: »
    Only seeing this now. I'm interested in next weeks.

Also, cars of the same make and model is a good idea.

PSN: Magown3

Ok but im going to limit it to you until after next week because we have enough now. I'll send you an invite tomorrow.

Regarding the same car, what im going to do instead is limit it to the garage thats already there, i.e no personal tuned cars. All ye have to do is create a lobby youselves, enter the bhp restriction and the list will come up. Try out a few of the fastest ones at the top and pick your favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I think that some of the races should be the exact same make and model of car with the exact same tuning level.
    Part of the fun of tonight was checking out cars and preparing the best possible. It is also worth noting that this evening the car that came first was a normal Elise tuned up and a Honda came second. The highest a race modded Elise came was third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I reckon two 5 lap races, one straight after the other would be better than one 10 lap race.

• Advertisement

Yea I think we should maybe use the same car for everybody. Think it might be a bit fairer on the newbies like me :pac:

I got rammed at the second corner by somebody. Think it was the german guy that was in the lobby.

That might have been me, there was a few getting in my way at the start(i was 10th from grid) and i hit the back of someone after a bend or two who spun out, it wasn't intentional I was tracking directly behind and broke too late.

I was thinking after ''It couldnt have been just because of my hit, as one of those on the AI wouldnt have budged it
    nocal wrote: »
    I think that some of the races should be the exact same make and model of car with the exact same tuning level.
    Part of the fun of tonight was checking out cars and preparing the best possible. It is also worth noting that this evening the car that came first was a normal Elise tuned up and a Honda came second. The highest a race modded Elise came was third.

Ya I agree.

I got online late, picked the nearest car to 300 from my garage(Toyota ??) and got a lap in, then went to buy a new car and fix it up.

Forgot to oil it but i don't think that would have helped too much as it wouldnt lap any less then 2:00 for me.
    It was really slow through 130-140 mph in the straight
    The race started just after buying it so didn't get any time to try it out.

I'd say there wouldn't be much between us all with the same car, but the top 4 all had the same Lotus and it wasn't even a race for the rest of us.

Maybe equalling cars or giving an option between two similar ones would help otherwise the lads who know the best car to get and best way to tune it will just walk away from the rest of us.
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I reckon two 5 lap races, one straight after the other would be better than one 10 lap race.

Ya 10 laps was too long for that race anyway. I spent 9 and a half laps driving around 20+ ahead and behind others in 6th/7th

Meath what happened your car?.... I was going along still 2/3 bends behind the nearest one in front, then after i came out of the tunnel after 6/7 laps you were on a penalty and I overtook. Did you get 4/5 penalties in a row?... I don't see how i made up the ground and pushed on so much over the last 2/3 laps :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

No worries Gilberto, it was probably a combination of things I tend to take that bend right on the edge anyway. Were you the one in the weird white prototype?

I am in between on race length as I like a longish race, but perhaps we could maybe add a pit stop requirement to keep it interesting.

About what cars to race, I would be open to hosting a separate championship with either the same cars
    or similar ones. I don't want to take away from this championship (I'd still like to compete in this one). But if theres enough people interested I'd be happy to. As I find it very difficult to get any decent races online. Maybe a mid-week championship on a tue or thurs?

I was looking at GTP and they have a Touring Car Championship with three different cars. They have it set up so they're all very similar weights and HP but still have different characteristics. Something similar or the same cars for a race and change the car for each round.

GTP International Touring Championship

I managed to pass Meath out too. He seemed to be spinning a lot. I couldn't catch up with you Gilberto though I think. We were lapping around the same time.

Feel free to add me - PSN jebuslives and we can try and get a some casual racing going too.

No worries Gilberto, it was probably a combination of things I tend to take that bend right on the edge anyway. Were you the one in the weird white prototype?

I am in between on race length as I like a longish race, but perhaps we could maybe add a pit stop requirement to keep it interesting.

About what cars to race, I would be open to hosting a separate championship with either the same cars
    or similar ones. I don't want to take away from this championship (I'd still like to compete in this one). But if theres enough people interested I'd be happy to. As I find it very difficult to get any decent races online. Maybe a mid-week championship on a tue or thurs?

I was looking at GTP and they have a Touring Car Championship with three different cars. They have it set up so they're all very similar weights and HP but still have different characteristics. Something similar or the same cars for a race and change the car for each round.

GTP International Touring Championship

I managed to pass Meath out too. He seemed to be spinning a lot. I couldn't catch up with you Gilberto though I think. We were lapping around the same time.

Feel free to add me - PSN jebuslives and we can try and get a some casual racing going too.

I think it was white anyway. I used the Toyota you win over both A/B spec in one event, in the qualifying over a lap, realised i hadn't a hope of winning with it so went to the used car dealership and saw a race car which has 8500 rpm.
    Pushed the BHP up to just under 300 and felt it would be decent but it was no better then the Toyota, it wasn't picking up in the straight, not sure would oil alone cause that?!.

TBH I haven't a clue about cars, bar weight- lower=faster, BHP- Power, Torque- Acceleration?. And since the game has two sets of RPM on a car I'm not too sure which one means its quicker?.

I also have no clue about adjusting suspensions and that(could go trial and error but i can win the A Spec fine with upgrades and sometimes i altered the transmissions top speed if i needed more out of a car(not sure how much success i've had with that, not much i don't think)

The strange this was though he was going fine for 6/7 laps, I couldnt figure how he messed up so much unless he had to go the toilet or something and had someone play on for him.
    But i remember glancing at the map, then a corner or two later he was right in front of me, i taught the map glitched but noticed 2/3 ''penalties'' when he was in my viewpoint, but can't see how he went 6/7 laps no bother then raked up a lot of penalties :confused:

I couldn't find an option after qualifying to see the list of times and cars used, if i had spotted the top 4(after race) being that Lotus I prob would have bought it too.

I'll add ya tomorrow, might play some, I haven't touched it in a week or two, had actually forgot about the event until i logged in at 8.30 and saw all the GT5's in my friends list, need to prep for the next one so i don't end up with a snail again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

I am not sure if we should restrict races just to one car.the more different cars the more fun. With just one car, game will be boring the same as formula one races.The idea of gt is to bring the bast car you think is the best for the race... In my opinion bhp restriction should be the only one. We could raise it up every week by 50 lets say.

Also i would love to have one race with just Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Lancer.

Race 2 will be 10 laps around Suzuka Circuit. Car will be High End Performance G37 on Sports Medium tyres. Same time on Sunday.
    Also found out how to do private races so wont be any randomers joining.

• Advertisement

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Car will be High End Performance G37

Not sure what that means. Is it one particular car ?

Not sure what that means. Is it one particular car ?

Yes. It will be in the online garage so you dont have to unlock it or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Gutted I missed this. Looking forward to next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Meath what happened your car?.... I was going along still 2/3 bends behind the nearest one in front, then after i came out of the tunnel after 6/7 laps you were on a penalty and I overtook. Did you get 4/5 penalties in a row?... I don't see how i made up the ground and pushed on so much over the last 2/3 laps :mad:

Not sure what happened, after about 5 or 6 laps I crashed, after that there was 3 corners that I couldn't make it around without spinning out. You know when every spin leaves your car nose first against the barrier? And those penaltys were annoying, I got loads towards the end. Was everyone using racing soft tyres? I wonder if they were losing their grip? Or is my short attention span only suited for shorter races?

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Not sure what happened, after about 5 or 6 laps I crashed, after that there was 3 corners that I couldn't make it around without spinning out. You know when every spin leaves your car nose first against the barrier? And those penaltys were annoying, I got loads towards the end. Was everyone using racing soft tyres? I wonder if they were losing their grip? Or is my short attention span only suited for shorter races?

yea tyres lose their grip in online races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

twinsen wrote: »
    I am not sure if we should restrict races just to one car.the more different cars the more fun. With just one car, game will be boring the same as formula one races.The idea of gt is to bring the bast car you think is the best for the race... In my opinion bhp restriction should be the only one. We could raise it up every week by 50 lets say.

Also i would love to have one race with just Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Lancer.

tbh it was **** all fun, people like me, cossie and gilberto were pretty much on our own for 10 laps. To say that pple will have different cars with a bhp restriction is not true as the majority of pple that did well had the elise. Gilberto just said he would have also used it if he had the chance. I would have too. So bhp restriction does not neccessarily mean different cars.

I'd prefer similar cars at least maybe a choice of two similarly matched.
    Race 2 will be 10 laps around Suzuka Circuit. Car will be High End Performance G37 on Sports Medium tyres. Same time on Sunday.
    Also found out how to do private races so wont be any randomers joining.

Cool. I'll have to learn Suzuka so. I hate that track. The full one or the smaller circuit?

tbh it was **** all fun, people like me, cossie and gilberto were pretty much on our own for 10 laps. To say that pple will have different cars with a bhp restriction is not true as the majority of pple that did well had the elise. Gilberto just said he would have also used it if he had the chance. I would have too. So bhp restriction does not neccessarily mean different cars.

Cool. I'll have to learn Suzuka so. I hate that track. The full one or the smaller circuit?

All I did for the bhp restriction was to Google "gt5 best car under 300" and found the lotus. And even with that I finished 9th!
    I hate suzuka too, easily my least favourite track. Better get practicing

Full track. Easy enough to learn once you go around it a few times and the car has good enough handling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

Hey mna, gutting I missed the first race. Has my spot been replaced or can I pick up the action on sunday for race 2?

Just outta interest, how many of you are racing with wheels and how many with the controllers?

Alfreado wrote: »
    Hey mna, gutting I missed the first race. Has my spot been replaced or can I pick up the action on sunday for race 2?

Just outta interest, how many of you are racing with wheels and how many with the controllers?

Sent you an invite. Im using a wheel, Lodgitech GT.

• Advertisement

Full track. Easy enough to learn once you go around it a few times and the car has good enough handling.

Do you need to go online to practice with that car or would it be available in arcade mode ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

it could work but you'd need power and weight restrictions like the time trials in the seasonal events. there will always be one car better than the rest but not by a huge amount.

Do you need to go online to practice with that car or would it be available in arcade mode ?

Its in Arcade mode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

Sent you an invite. Im using a wheel, Lodgitech GT.

Awesome cheers man. I haven't upgraded to a wheel yet but will give it a go anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

it's a pity you do this on a sunday lads as i only work friday saturday and sunday. well i hope that it goes well and that maybe it spawns an online league that we can develop into something more regular.

i'm glad to see that there were obviously teething problems and i hope you get it sorted. try as many different variations on the game setup and eventually you'll find something that'll work so it's all competitive!

best of luck and hope to race against you some day!

I was using a logitech gt too. And a wheel stand pro. And a elise with racing mods. How did I finish 8th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

For anyone who has not seen it, I have started a thread with the aim of organising a mid-week league.

Again - thanks to Kev_ps3 for organising last nights race - it was great fun. Looking forward to next weeks race and everybody complaining about being knocked off the track at the first corner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm using a wheel also, a Logitech Driving Force GT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

I use a dfgt too. Anyone else using having the problem of wheel shake when you're going in a straight line? If you are then I found setting the feedback on max with the steering assistance off and set to simulation makes it least noticeable. The steering is a lot heavier then but if only takes a few laps to get into it properly.

My wheelstand is homemade and needs replacing! Gonna go find the midweek thread now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Love this idea. Any chance i could get in on the action. I've heard the faster racers have the wheels instead of the controller, any truth in this?

Advertisement