Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Mister men wrote: »
    Love this idea. Any chance i could get in on the action. I've heard the faster racers have the wheels instead of the controller, any truth in this?

it takes a lot of getting used to but a wheel is a good bit faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Love this idea. Any chance i could get in on the action. I've heard the faster racers have the wheels instead of the controller, any truth in this?

The wheel is far better. Takes a few races to get used to them, but not sure if I could go back to a controller now. But wheel + stand costs about €220, not cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Here's an idea for leveling the playing field.... how about only announcing the track and a single car or cars eligible for entry on the night of the race? everyone's on the same boat then? It could be decided by a boardsie that isn't taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Sorry we have enough people for now, ill get back to you if some people are not showing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

it is but part of the fun was trying to find something that meets the criteria. that race modded elise is a rocket though :(.

thats wxactly what i was going to use. was hoping no one else would think of it!:):)

• Advertisement

what if we all used what we drive in real life??if they're available in the game. be a bit of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Oh yeah, my Yaris is gonna be great fun :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

My car came up in the Used Car Dealership and I bought it straight away. It was even in the same colour too. I was delighted.

It wasn't the EXACT model tho.

GT5 - 1998 Audi S4 in Cactus Green
    Real life - 1997 Audi A4 1.9 TDi Quattro in Cactus Green

So close :p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Is there still room available in this? If so add me: Urinbits1

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Is there still room available in this? If so add me: Urinbits1

Not really, wait until after the upcoming race on Sunday and there might be some room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

Kev, did you think about Sunday event? What can we expect?

twinsen wrote: »
    Kev, did you think about Sunday event? What can we expect?

Already posted the details!
    Race 2 will be 10 laps around Suzuka Circuit. Car will be High End Performance G37 on Sports Medium tyres. Same time on Sunday.
    Also found out how to do private races so wont be any randomers joining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Also found out how to do private races so wont be any randomers joining.

How do you do this?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    How do you do this?

If you go to Community and then Lounge I think it creates your own private lobby. Ill be on the ps3 later so Ill get back to you.

Yea think you're right. only people who on your friend list can join then. Although it doesn't show up in the open lobby list.

Magown3 wrote: »
    My car came up in the Used Car Dealership and I bought it straight away. It was even in the same colour too. I was delighted.

It wasn't the EXACT model tho.

GT5 - 1998 Audi S4 in Cactus Green
    Real life - 1997 Audi A4 1.9 TDi Quattro in Cactus Green

So close :p:o

haha nice one i finally got my evo 8 mr last night. only thing is i cant change the wheels cause its a standard car. anywyay its close enough!

Have you considered adding a pit stop requirement? Might break up the 10 laps a bit and make for some strategy.

Something to think about anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    If you go to Community and then Lounge I think it creates your own private lobby. Ill be on the ps3 later so Ill get back to you.

I did it last night, easy enough to set up but I don't know how people get into it. I couldn't see an invite button. Any idea how it works?

Alfreado wrote: »
    I did it last night, easy enough to set up but I don't know how people get into it. I couldn't see an invite button. Any idea how it works?

They have to go to your profile and select your lounge. There doesn't seem to be a way to invite like other multiplayer games which I think is a bit behind the times really.

So i guess just message them to go to your profile is the only way to do it.

Have you considered adding a pit stop requirement? Might break up the 10 laps a bit and make for some strategy.

Something to think about anyway.

No way to check everyone pitted though, there isnt a requirement option in the settings.

• Advertisement

I think is a bit behind the times really.

Absolutely! There's a few thongs about the game that's a bit... Behind the times

Just a reminder about tonights race
    Race 2 will be 10 laps around Suzuka Circuit. Car will be High End Performance G37 on Sports Medium tyres.

Race starts at 9, qualifying starting from the later time of 8.40. It will be a private lobby so go to community then my name and join lounge when you get my message on psn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

You may as well take my name off the list. Sorry boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

No room tonight for myself still Kevl?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    No room tonight for myself still Kevl?

yeah theres room now, add me DualBladez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I think I'm going to have to skip tonights race. Just back from 2 days on the beer in and the thoughts of doing 10 laps at suzuka is making me feel sick. In fact, the thoughts of doing anything is making me feel sick. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

See you all on the track shortly :)

Don't see you online kev? I can see you online in my friends list but not in game

Never mnd got it lol

• Advertisement

Good race tonight but think we had a few problems with a few not joining or being able to connect.

Here are the results

1 Jimmy1979
    2 Magown3
    3 twinsen_x
    4 DualBladez
    5 n-o-cal
    6 urinbits1
    7 jebuslives

Top 3 ran away with it a bit, me and n-o-cal had a good battle for 4th.

Advertisement