Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmy9999

Great race guys. Magowen nearly got me at the 9th lap. Thanks and see you next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Well 4th place would have been sown up if I had not been bumped off on lap 5 or 6.:mad:

Anyhoo - how do the top 3 continue to put in those times when the wear and tear happens on the tyres? My strategy tonight was to drive somewhat cautiously and keep the tyres in good nick for the whole race - that way I hoped to put in 10 consistent laps - as it turned out I put in 8 consistent laps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

leaderboard updated

also 1 free spot available to join

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Good race tonight but think we had a few problems with a few not joining or being able to connect.

Yeah my UPC broadband started acting up just before 9 so I kept getting disconnected. Just had 2 Follow up races with a couple of the lads in the room a few mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

As this was my first race of the Championship, I was delighted to take 2nd. I looked after the tyres and after Jimmy was nearly 10 seconds away from me after 6 laps or so, I started to claw him back. We had a great battle for the last 2 laps which I ruined for myself by accidentally cutting a corner on the last lap.

Really enjoyed it. Twinsen_x, sorry again if I punted you off track. It was not deliberate. I went off track myself a couple of times trying to get you :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Magown3 wrote: »
    As this was my first race of the Championship, I was delighted to take 2nd. I looked after the tyres and after Jimmy was nearly 10 seconds away from me after 6 laps or so, I started to claw him back. We had a great battle for the last 2 laps which I ruined for myself by accidentally cutting a corner on the last lap.

Really enjoyed it. Twinsen_x, sorry again if I punted you off track. It was not deliberate. I went off track myself a couple of times trying to get you :cool:

Dont worry, even if you wouldnt do that you would overtake me 3 seconds later. Great driving I have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

attachment.php?attachmentid=143742&stc=1&d=1295252265

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Sweet pic. There's me 2nd from the back just after driving straight into the back of someone who was on the grid but never took off. Damn penalties!!! :P

Next Sundays race is 12 laps around Laguna Seca in a Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P '07 on Sports Medium tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Sweet pic. There's me 2nd from the back just after driving straight into the back of someone who was on the grid but never took off. Damn penalties!!! :P

could that be my car? i lost connection between the qualifying and race :(. my connection was dodgy all night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

might as well tick me off this lads, connection bad and couldn't even get in the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

could that be my car? i lost connection between the qualifying and race :(. my connection was dodgy all night.

UPC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Alfreado wrote: »
    might as well tick me off this lads, connection bad and couldn't even get in the room.

Might not be your connection. There are many complaints out there about not being able to get into lobby's. I couldn't get into a friends lobby a few times. I'm with Eircom

hah yeah probably was you! no worries anyway.

UPC router is dodgy when connecting to your PS3 over wireless. But whenever I use a LAN cable between my UPC router and my PS3 I never have any problems.

You sure you dont want to give it one more go? A few people were having problems last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    You sure you dont want to give it one more go? A few people were having problems last night.

Yeah sher we'll give it one more go. I thought it was just me, any idea why it wouldn't let me join the room?

Yeah sher we'll give it one more go. I thought it was just me, any idea why it wouldn't let me join the room?

Dunno, next time I see you on ill create a lobby and ask you to join just to make sure we can connect.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    UPC ?

no eircom. its usually good but i got a new modem recently and only have NAT 2 so that might be the problem.

Just a reminder
    Sundays race is 12 laps around Laguna Seca in a Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P '07 on Sports Medium tyres.

Race starts at 9, qualifying from 8.40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Balls, I'm out tonight, won't make it again

• Advertisement

UPC connection went after 3 laps :(

Great race tonight, best so far imo.

Results

1 johnthegreatest
    2 Dualbladez
    3 Jimmy1979
    4 twinsen_x
    5 magown3
    6 n-o-cal
    7 Cossiedevil
    8 Paz

Apologies had to dash off to make a phonecall after the race.

Can someone explain to me how to nudge someone gently from behind and make them lose control without incurring a ramming penalty? Second week running it happened to me.

It was a great race at times - would have been better with no boost on imo.

Apologies to Jimmy for nudging you on the last corner on one of the laps - a genuine mistake as I just lost concentration.

nocal wrote: »
    Apologies had to dash off to make a phonecall after the race.

Can someone explain to me how to nudge someone gently from behind and make them lose control without incurring a ramming penalty? Second week running it happened to me.

It was a great race at times - would have been better with no boost on imo.

Apologies to Jimmy for nudging you on the last corner on one of the laps - a genuine mistake as I just lost concentration.

I wouldn't recommend anyone driving someone off track on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'd be up for this

Can someone explain to me how to nudge someone gently from behind and make them lose control without incurring a ramming penalty?

wtf?? :pac: you shouldn't be trying to make people loose control. there was a good bit of bumping but it was all fair.

the boost makes it a bit of a lottery but it gives everyone a chance at least. i hated it at first but you should keep it on if it maintains interest.

guil wrote: »
    i'd be up for this

whats your psn guil?

wtf?? :pac: you shouldn't be trying to make people loose control. there was a good bit of bumping but it was all fair.

the boost makes it a bit of a lottery but it gives everyone a chance at least. i hated it at first but you should keep it on if it maintains interest.

The only reason I asked is because that is two weeks running that the same person caused me to lose control by driving in contact with the corner of my bumper. And tonight when it happened I was racing extremely well but I was forced into someone else, got a ramming penalty and dropped off the pace. So after all my clean driving to that point I lost out.

The only reason I asked is because that is two weeks running that the same person caused me to lose control by driving in contact with the corner of my bumper. And tonight when it happened I was racing extremely well but I was forced into someone else, got a ramming penalty and dropped off the pace. So after all my clean driving to that point I lost out.

did it happen coming into the first corner around the 6th lap? i remember getting hit by 2 cars who looked like the forgot to brake but it might have been you spinning out.

iv gotten penalties before from people smashing into me, its totally random and so are the colisions. a slight tap can send you flying sometimes so it probably wasnt on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

iv gotten penalties before from people smashing into me, its totally random and so are the colisions. a slight tap can send you flying sometimes so it probably wasnt on purpose.
    Same here, I got rammed off the track and got a penalty for it :confused:

Advertisement