Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Championship

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Next Sundays race is 12 laps around Cape Ring North in a Mazda RX-7 Sprint-R Type A '02 on ANY tyres. Race usual 9pm start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Next Sundays race is 12 laps around Cape Ring North in a Mazda RX-7 Sprint-R Type A '02 on ANY tyres. Race usual 9pm start.

Is there any tuning or weight restrictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I take it the driving line will be off ? :)

I was pissed off how uncompetitive I was last night. It was my first race using a wheel and thought I was getting the hang of it but obviously not. Maybe I'm just too old for gaming....slow reflexes!

guil wrote: »
    Is there any tuning or weight restrictions
    The car is from the arcade so you dont have the option to use your own version. We decided to do it this way to make things more even.
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I take it the driving line will be off ? :)

I was pissed off how uncompetitive I was last night. It was my first race using a wheel and thought I was getting the hang of it but obviously not. Maybe I'm just too old for gaming....slow reflexes!

Yes driving line is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmy9999

I'm away this Sunday, so I won't be able to join you. Enjoy the race! I'll be back for next Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Sorry I missed last weeks race was away. Should be around for this one.

kev is it ok if a friend of mine joins, i told him to add you during the week, steviegriff is the psn

kev is it ok if a friend of mine joins, i told him to add you during the week, steviegriff is the psn

Is he on boards? This is for boards only members.

i'll find out soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

i'll find out soon

I am indeed, PSN is Steviegriff. Will I add you Kev or will you add me?

• Advertisement

jesus the lot of ye are dirty ****ers, twinsen was trying to ram his way through everyone and then on the last race kev tried to spin me over the jump after the ring

jesus the lot of ye are dirty ****ers, twinsen was trying to ram his way through everyone and then on the last race kev tried to spin me over the jump after the ring

I dont remember doing that. In fairness guil you weren't above a bit of ramming yourself.

Results

1 Urinbits1
    2 johnthegreatest
    3 twinsen_x
    4 guil07
    5 dualbladez
    6 n-o-cal
    7 jebuslives

Another good tight race

I dont remember doing that. In fairness guil you weren't above a bit of ramming yourself.
    i wasnt doing it deliberately, nothing ya can do if someone hits the brakes when ya dont expect it

to make it more equal i think TC should be off, in the second race it would of really mattered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

to make it more equal i think TC should be off, in the second race it would of really mattered

its not TC that makes the difference, that slows you down. skid recovery force and boost is on so its impossible to build up a lead.

its annoying but people will just give up if 1 or 2 people run away with it every time. at least this way the races are close.

its not TC that makes the difference, that slows you down. skid recovery force and boost is on so its impossible to build up a lead.

its annoying but people will just give up if 1 or 2 people run away with it every time. at least this way the races are close.
    TC makes it a small bit slower out of corners yeah BUT
    after the first race we did monza in the zonda R, with TC off ya couldnt just hammer on the accelerator each time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I reckon that you should leave the penalties on - some of the carry on tonight was shocking. It is not a test of driving skill but ramming skill without the penalties.

nocal wrote: »
    I reckon that you should leave the penalties on - some of the carry on tonight was shocking. It is not a test of driving skill but ramming skill without the penalties.
    yeah penalties should be on, i got one for ploughing into kev at monza but as i said he braked hard when i wasnt expecting it
    i saw twinsen run you off the track once or twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

The 3.56 update kept me away tonight lads. But it looks like I missed nothing but a stock car race!

• Advertisement

I had penalties turned on. Dont know why it didnt work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

Quil, you are having a laugh. You hit me like 3 times on purpose, pushed me of the track once to. So I am sorry , you play dirty I play dirty.

However I pushed n-o-cal of the track at the beginning, and for that I apologise.

Next Sundays race is 10 laps around Trial Mountain Circuit in a VW Golf V GTI '05 on sports medium tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Kev, was boost on last night? I'm fairly sure it wasn't.

twinsen wrote: »
    Quil, you are having a laugh. You hit me like 3 times on purpose, pushed me of the track once to. So I am sorry , you play dirty I play dirty.

However I pushed n-o-cal of the track at the beginning, and for that I apologise.

It's Guil:D and I remember hitting u once or twice but that was when ya were right in front of me
    Anyway I enjoyed it despite the ramming

MuddyDog wrote: »

it was set to low like last week.

MuddyDog wrote: »

Yeah it was on low

Last Sundays race.

Check out my channel and sub if you have a youtube account!
    www.youtube.com/user/xKev85

bargain for anyone looking for a wheel. the stand is 125 new. http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/logitech-driving-force-gt/425003?page=2#comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

From my point of view it was great not be barged off the track this week - and I finished the race in the same place that I qualified on the grid. :D

Boost should be off I reckon - it makes it more down to driving skill.

Advertisement