Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving too new york

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

i'm thinking of moving too new york for a year and get a job. what would i need too do too able too move for the year. i'v got loads of family over there. would it make it any easier too get a visa for the year. was over there in november. how hard is it too get a green card. would like too join the nypd. which i know would never happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

If you have a parent or sibling over there that is a US citizen or greencard holder, they can petition for a visa for you- could take several years though.

Other than that, your only option are a highly skilled worker visa (if you are a scientist or in IT or similar), or an internship visa if you are in/ recently graduated from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

silja wrote: »
    If you have a parent or sibling over there that is a US citizen or greencard holder, they can petition for a visa for you- could take several years though.

Other than that, your only option are a highly skilled worker visa (if you are a scientist or in IT or similar), or an internship visa if you are in/ recently graduated from college.

i'v not been too college yet. no parent or sibling over there. Have a great auntie on my mothers side.

so i wouldn't get a work visa unless i'm highly skilled in computors or stuff like that.

Advertisement