Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

swingking wrote: »
    how are they not putting both of those dancers through and taking some of those sh1t dance groups out of the competition

Ya, was gutted for the French fella. I think is was definitely the best act not to make the semis & better than a good few that did make it.
    Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Can understand why they only put one of the dancers through, they both would have made the final but then divided each others votes most likely harming their chances of winning. May as well pick one of them and give them the best chance.

This is exactly the reason behind it & I suppose you can see where they are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

The old man was completely lost during that last performace. (chuckles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

meercat wrote: »
    has simon had work done?
    his eyes and nose look swollen

My first thoughts when I saw him though I thought it was his top lip ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

This young fella's really good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

my money's on him. Great performance. Love that song and he sang it pitch perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

The guy that runs on his knees has this in the bag, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Said before the show that Ronan Parke had it in the bag.. and that performance reinforced that.

I'd prefer someone a little more unique than a "Mini-Bieber" to win it.. sorry Simon, but it's a fair comparison to draw!

Ronan will go through to finals no question.. and I reckon it's between Paul (Piano Guy) and Joe Oakley (Bike Guy)... but hoping Paul goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Taut it was a pretty awful show overall despite the judges doing all they could to talk it up while slagging off the one or two most obviously poor one's to make it look real. And you always know which act the judges want to win cos it's always the act they put into the last slot.

That kid is alright tho. He's no Aled Jones at age 12 - but he's alright like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Anywhere to watch this online? I missed it last night, wouldn't mind seeing it again. Cheers if anyone has a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Anywhere to watch this online? I missed it last night, wouldn't mind seeing it again. Cheers if anyone has a link.

TV3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

does anyone know how that magic trick would have been done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

same as last act they did either a trap door or false bottom of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Terrible mix of acts tonight..

.. if I was a betting man, New Bounce (the kid group) and David & Karen
    (magic act) will get through.

those table slappers were just terrible. I don't care if they were doing Irish dancing as well. How they went thru is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Basq wrote: »
    Terrible mix of acts tonight..

.. if I was a betting man, New Bounce (the kid group) and David & Karen
    (magic act) will get through.

Yeah I think the very same.
    TBH our Irish duo didn't shine tonight and Amanda was bang on when she said they lacked "something"....... pity really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is that Richard Blackwood? I see that he's reached the dizzying heights of playing Shrek's donkey in the West End.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Okay I think I have figured out the magic act quite easily. lets see if anyone agrees.

If you watch it again, the whole top of the water case is removeable and it is not hinged;)

This means when they lock it at the front, its still possible to open it from the back:eek:

Also when the girl gets in, she really make a forceful movement in to dispalce enough water, and there will be a little airgap at top...not that she can lift the lid anyway.

Please let me know if I missed anything

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TYJ

ForestFire wrote: »
    Okay I think I have figured out the magic act quite easily. lets see if anyone agrees.

If you watch it again, the whole top of the water case is removeable and it is not hinged;)

This means when they lock it at the front, its still possible to open it from the back:eek:

Also when the girl gets in, she really make a forceful movement in to dispalce enough water, and there will be a little airgap at top...not that she can lift the lid anyway.

Please let me know if I missed anything

Thats exactly what I was thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

missed the results , did titney spears get through ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Whatever about how they did it, how they lost I don't know.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 deepeedublin

its a real hate to love it year with BGT

Taut tonights show was A BIT better than the first one. Dunno why the magic act wasn't chosen tho. It's much more interesting than the organist.

The fact that they brought back the pretend Britney must mean they dropped one of the original 40? If so, who? And why not a word about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

Shows a joke to be honest. Sending through one trick ponys like the organ/piano player and not the magic act who might at least develop and get better. Joke.

All centered around having 4 to 6 definite no hopers at least in the final and a few contenders. Either pretend jackson 4 or the 12 year old singer is going to win simply because simon cowell can make money from them.

The 3 dancers should have gotten through over the piano player no contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Anyone else thinks that Simon has very little interest in the show this year?

To me he seems disinterested and unprepared, looks like a guy going through the motions. Maybe just doing this to keep some kind of profile on TV in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TYJ

What do ye think of the eye ball popper fella?

TYJ wrote: »
    What do ye think of the eye ball popper fella?

I can absolutely see him selling out Croke Park, Wembley, Old Trafford, Stade de France etc etc for a year long World tour - no problem!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maulikdesai1

what a waste of time that performance was....
    but she looked nice in her bikini ;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Les was brilliant! Dec looked miffed again! :D

Boy dancer James was really good. I reckon it'll be him and the impressionist who go through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yay, delighted that Les won it! James to go through against the bell ringers

Advertisement