Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Police called in.
    From The Times in the UK
    Police were last night investigating after a complaint was made about a blogger purporting to be from a music industry executive who claimed he had inside knowledge that Britain’s Got Talent is fixed.

The posting, which has been read by thousands of people, claims that Simon Cowell’s production company Syco has been grooming the bookmakers’ favourite to win the talent show for two years.
    Ronan Parke, a 12-year-old singer, is expected to win the £100,000 first prize in Saturday night’s series finale.

Syco, which co-produces the ITV show, strongly denied the accusations contained within the blog. The company is understood to have called in the police.

Writing on an information sharing website called JustPaste.It, the anonymous poster claimed to be an executive with Sony Music UK, which co-owns Syco.
    The blog alleges that Syco scouts first spotted Parke two years ago at age of 10, when he sang at a birthday party for former Norwich City goalkeeper Bryan Gunn. It further claims that he was ‘privately auditioned’ by the firm on two further occasions before being invited to audition for the show as a ‘preferred contestant.’

The writer also alleges that Parke and his parents entered into a contract with Syco, and that the company provided him with intensive voice and dance training, support and styling ahead of this year’s show.

The blog claims that Cowell has been seeking “an artist who could crack the very lucrative pre-teeen market... particularly in the US.”
    It adds: “If you like, he wanted his own rival to [teenage Canadian pop star] Justin Bieber and, taking a leaf out of how professional football academies develop youngsters to feed their main team, Simon wanted his own singing academy, and Ronan was just one of a number of identified youngsters with whom Syco intensively works.”

The writer claims Syco originally intended Parke to compete in last year’s version of Britain’s Got Talent, but that he was unable to conquer his nerves, and the company decided not to enter him.

The piece goes on to allege that “the winner of BGT 2011 was decided long before the first auditions took place, and that winner had to be Ronan Parke.” It claims that there has never been a winner of either Britain’s Got Talent or X-Factor who has not been an ‘invited’ or ‘preferred’ cotestant.
    It states: “The ability to manipulate viewers’ opinion is vital if you are to control telephone voting and, indeed, get the required result. Syco see this as essential to the success of the show.

“Planning and delivering live shows of quality is impossible if it is purely left to the public vote. As Simon said in a meeting once: ‘The public need to be told who to vote for’.”

Last night Syco issued a strongly-worded denial of the claims.
    A statement by the company said: “There has been speculation on the internet that Britain’s Got Talent finalist Ronan Parke was known to and worked with Syco/Sony Music before entering the show. There is no truth in this story whatsoever.

“Ronan first came to Syco/Sony’s attention when he entered this year’s competition. Syco/Sony Music will not hesitate to take whatever legal action is appropriate to prevent further publication of these unfounded allegations.”

Scotland Yard confirmed it was investigating. A spokesman said last night: “An allegation of malicious communications was made to Kensington and Chelsea police station on June 2. The allegation is being considered.”
    Source: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/t...cle3049278.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The first time I met him (Ronan Parke) was the first time he appeared on this show

But Simon. You weren't there the first time he appeared on the show! :P

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

This semi seems to be better than the previous few

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

How the hell did these two get through?!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This semi seems to be better than the previous few
    Agreed..

.. far more entertaining tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I remember them being pretty decent in the audition - wrong song tonight though

I can't wait to see what the Matrix guy comes up with tonight!

Awh the two rappers up next!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Just turned it on, did I miss Michael Collings..?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

I was thinking 'average eurovision entry'

Dr.Evil wrote: »

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

britain's got talent??/?? what a laugh. they only picked the best from pure crap talentless people. i rest my case with these two young lads.:eek::eek:

Dr.Evil wrote: »

No, hasn't been on yet

Ah jeez, popeye got through??

wtf Jedward?? On BGT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

wtf Jedward?? On BGT?
    Yes :D

"Have they been hanging around here since they were on The X Factor?"

:D

This show needs more "Michael McIntyre - The Comedian" and less of "Michael McIntyre - The Judge".

Nuts, how he got through I have no idea!!

the Hof - I really liked the girls and the feathers, that was I didn't want to buzz!!

Basq wrote: »
    "Have they been hanging around here since they were on The X Factor?"

:D

This show needs more "Michael McIntyre - The Comedian" and less of "Michael McIntyre - The Judge".

In fairness, he's been great on the panel!

for god sake ATONIO. thank god he got XXXX , who put him through ??it must be a slow day at the audition.

wtf Jedward?? On BGT?

I cannot believe it was really them but seemingly it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

cats.life wrote: »
    for god sake ATONIO. thank god he got XXXX , who put him through ??it must be a slow day at the audition.

If that blogger who spilt the beans on the alleged fixing in this show got anything right, it's definitely that they put through duds like Antonio to improve the chances of the "Chosen Ones" to reach the final.

In fairness, he's been great on the panel!
    Oh, I completely agree, don't get me wrong.

But when I first heard Michael McIntyre was gonna be on the judging panel, I thought this show needs more tongue-in-cheek humour from McIntyre.

But while he's been very funny (and a pretty honest judge), he's not been as consistently funny as I'd hope. Suppose he wants to be taken seriously.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If that blogger who spilt the beans on the alleged fixing in this show got anything right, it's definitely that they put through duds like Antonio to improve the chances of the "Chosen Ones" to reach the final.

To be fair, there is always one dud in the pack that they pick. Its only 10 that can get to the final, so thats pretty tight

Luxie wrote: »
    I cannot believe it was really them but seemingly it was.

It was alright - but why??
    Basq wrote: »
    Oh, I completely agree, don't get me wrong.

But when I first heard Michael McIntyre was gonna be on the judging panel, I thought this show needs more tongue-in-cheek humour from McIntyre.

But while he's been very funny (and a pretty honest judge), he's not been as consistently funny as I'd hope. Suppose he wants to be taken seriously.

yeah, he can joke, but I agree that he prob want to be taken more seriously

i want a translater:). we wee..is feidir liom..this guy michael is good we we.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Actually loved that JLS/Diversity performance! :eek:

It was actually very well done..

.. but JLS promoting their 3D movie on 9.45pm on the only day it's being shown? It's only showing in cinemas today, so they should have probably done this earlier in the week.

They can't seriously be sending this dog act through to the final..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Cant believe the hoola-hoop girl didnt get through. The directing for her act was very poor. When she was doing the big parts in her act they were focused on the judges :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I Love Diversity but find the massive hair on the kid a real distraction. The prefornace is based on perfect slick lines and the big head of hair is so out of tune with the rest .

Advertisement