Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2011

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A very worthy winner tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

He certainly is fair play to him he deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

jimmynokia wrote: »
    He certainly is fair play to him he deserved it.
    I think he's only alright... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Delighted Jai won. Disgusted at the obvious pushing from everyone for Ronan to win. He was way overhyped. Amanda was a bitch for saying she wished Ronan had won after Jai did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Thought Simon barely bothered to hide his dismay as well, just like he didn't bother to hide his indifference when Matt Cardle won the XF.

• Advertisement

Delighted Jai won. Disgusted at the obvious pushing from everyone for Ronan to win. He was way overhyped. Amanda was a bitch for saying she wished Ronan had won after Jai did!
    Nah I liked the fact that she was honest about who she was rooting for, instead of the usual generic "Delighted for X, such a deserving winner, blah blah blah".

Anyway, I still don't get why Jai won? He's mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No digs or comments from Ant and Dec to Nicole about taking over from Cheryl must have been warned to keep quite :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No digs or comments from Ant and Dec to Nicole about taking over from Cheryl must have been warned to keep quite :rolleyes:

Simon had enough of em during the week - and Dec replying that he had in in for Geordies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Louise6

The quality of talent this year was such a disappointment compared to the years before. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I didn't think it was great this year either. Too many dog acts!
    Jai is a good singer, no doubt, but I am surprised he won. Louis Walsh was a bit harsh here though, calling him a X-Factor reject.
    On 'More Talent' I remember him saying something like he chose a good song and sang it well.
    I don't remember him on X-Factor at all. He wasn't shown much, was he? And it's funny how that wasn't mentioned at all on BGT.

My favourite was Steven Hall. Especially his audition. That was so funny.
    Also, I thought The Celtic Collens were great. Really good innovative idea. If they had a sad story or something, they might of made the final.

Interesting read here too about the fees the acts are getting now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s107/britains-got-talent/news/a324199/britains-got-talent-jai-mcdowall-still-has-no-record-deal.html

Britain's Got Talent winner Jai McDowall has still not signed a record deal.

The 24-year-old Scottish singer, who was the shock winner in last Saturday's final, is still waiting for a meeting with Simon Cowell about teaming up with Syco, reports the Daily Star.

"Simon spoke to me after the final but said he is very busy with American X Factor at the moment," said McDowall. "After the tour I will hopefully sit down with him and discuss what is going to happen."

McDowall won £100,000 and a slot at the Royal Variety, but reports suggest that runner-up 12-year-old Ronan Parke may go on to be the more successful act because of the buzz surrounding him in the industry.

Cowell championed boyband New Bounce and Parke during the competition, but after McDowall won, he claimed that he was already thinking about what he could do with the Scot.

Paul Potts and Susan Boyle, previous hit musical acts on the ITV1 show, have been snapped up with record deals within days.

A Syco rep said: "No decision's been made yet."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Louise6 wrote: »
    The quality of talent this year was such a disappointment compared to the years before. :(

I think last years was just as bad, but this year had some pointless acts that got through to the semi-finals, I just wonder how much the show is a balancing act of every semi must have 1 Kid, 1 Kid band, 1 stupid animal act, 2 unfunny oldies, and some type of novelty act.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump for some disappointing news.. quite possibly the best thing about the show this year! :(

He does have a big stand-up tour next year so it's understandable!
    Michael McIntyre has left Britain's Got Talent.

The comedian served as a judge on this year's run of the ITV competition opposite Amanda Holden, David Hasselhoff and - for the live shows - Simon Cowell.

ITV has now confirmed that McIntyre will not return for a second series. He is believed to have quit in order to focus on a UK stand-up tour.

"We wish him all the best and look forward to working with him again," an ITV spokesman said.

McIntyre is quoted by The Sun as saying: "I absolutely loved being a judge but have been itching to get back on stage myself. I wish the show and production team every success."

A source added: "Michael has been weighing it up for a while as he does like the show and enjoyed being on the panel, but his first love is comedy and he wanted to embark on a tour and concentrate on that."

McIntyre joined Britain's Got Talent at the end of 2010. It is not yet known who will replace the Comedy Roadshow star on the programme.

It was recently alleged that fellow judge Hasselhoff's position on the ITV1 talent show was under threat, although Cowell later insisted that no decisions have been made on the make-up of next year's panel.

Little Britain's David Walliams has been linked with the talent contest in recent weeks.
    Source

Shame. He was one of the few good things about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The axed US X Factor judge was being lined up as a potential saviour after BGT’s Michael McIntyre quit the show this week.
    After humiliating Cheryl in the States, Cowell recently admitted it wouldn’t be a ‘bad idea’ to try her on his other talent show.
    But it certainly sounded like a bad idea to the Girls Aloud star, 28, who wants Cowell to stop using her name to ‘peddle publicity’ for his shows.

‘There is absolutely no chance in hell Cheryl will even consider doing Britain’s Got Talent,’ a source told me.

‘She’s not even willing to discuss it. She’s turned it down before.’

Cowell has been left clutching at straws after flop judge David Hasselhoff was given the boot, leaving pregnant Amanda Holden holding the fort. But Cheryl is in no mood to help out after everything she was subjected to in the US.
    ‘Simon knows by mentioning her it will get publicity for his shows,’ said the insider.

‘She’s fed up. Cheryl’s walked away from it all and moved forward. Simon keeps dragging it up and her name. Cheryl’s in a great place right now and has always said that music is her main focus. She was really happy to get out and live a little during London Fashion Week and really enjoyed herself. Everyone was really nice to her and she loved catching up with everyone. The X Factor is history for her now.’

Cheryl’s response is a blow for Cowell, 51, and his increasingly desperate bid to get her back onside.

Even BGT hosts Ant and Dec were excited at the prospect of working with their fellow Geordie, saying they’d ‘be up for it’.

You’ll have to keep dreaming, lads.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/876073-cheryl-cole-snubs-simon-cowells-britain-s-got-talent-offer#ixzz1YZy1IJ4D[/QUOTE]

Although I would hate to see her on it, and think she would be crap, I think Cheryl is crazy to turn it down. She should swallow her pride and be grateful that Simon is even still making her offers. Her profile is going to take a nosedive without these shows.

Advertisement