Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ for 30th birthday - recommendations?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

looking for a DJ to play at an upcoming 30th, its a small venue so huge amounts of speakers / lighting not required. hoping to save money by not needing an OTT setup etc.

all we are looking for is a DJ that will play a good mix of modern and older songs. plenty of 80s, indie, rock, dance and so on. nothing too unusual.

the DJ will, ideally be able to remain calm while playing music and must be aware that he/she is not the centre of attention for the night. good ability to know how loud the music needs to be in comparison to size of room :)

ive been to too many parties with DJs talking all night, singing along, trying to involve the crowd in "wacky" games, blasting music at full volume through 9 speakers into a small pub and, worst of all, some chap who thought it was appropriate to tell racists jokes in between each song :mad:

the party is in a few weeks, so please pass on any recommendations you have :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Have you considered just doing your own music? Make up your own playlist on an ipod and have it put in a back room and fed into the speakers in your venue so people don't interfere with it? Sounds like you don't like DJ's so why have one at all? It'll save you a lot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

we did but have ruled it out for a number of reasons. at this point i think a DJ is a must :)

i would expect a DJ to have a wider musical knowledge than me so can hopefully provide a more rounded night while still playing the few "must haves" etc
    in ipod is static and cant take requests or "keep an eye on the party", i want a dj so that if people are dancing to one type of music and clearing off for another he will play to what the people are enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Where is the party happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

north east dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I've used and recomended star dj's a few times. Always very professional. http://www.stardjs.ie/
    Great website, you can see what songs other people are picking for different ocassions and pick some of your own. Friendly guys too.

(No connection)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Give whelan's on wexford st. a ring, have some great indie dj's, am sure they could recommend some good ones.

Advertisement