Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking Pipe

• 04-01-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Right I'm not talking about something outta funkit here...

What I'm after is a proper old fashioned briar wood pipe.

I was just wondering if anyone in Waterford is still in the trade of making and or just selling them because otherwise it looks like i'll be taking a trip to Peterson's in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

If I'm right(and dont quote me on this cos I aint no pipe smoker) but I believe Phelans on O'Connell St was the only place, and that's been gone a while now(used to buy wallets in there).
    Looks like its a trip to Capital city :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I know world wide wines sells pipes and stuff but don't know if they have the pipe you're looking for.I heard the camping/army store on the quay sell pipes as well so might be worth your while checking them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

The only place I can remember seeing them was the quays on the quay but they dont have em anymore, i'll try out the army shop and world wide wines though and see how we go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ebay ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

You could try this crowd in the UK.

http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=catman&cat=67

Shipping to Ireland is about €4.75. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Mate of mine got one in that military shop on the Quay man.. so they do them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

gonna pop to town and have a look see in the army shop and whatnot, then i'm off to a mate of mines house who has several vintage pipes :)

then its a matter of finding tobacco....may be needing that trip to dublin after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Canis_Lupus

World Wide Wines sell Peterson Pipes and Peterson tobacco. The Sherlock Holmes blend is a very nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Isn't there a place in Georges Street that sells that kind of thing (and lock/keys etc) or did I imagine it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Get some skinny jeans and a trilby too, might as well go for the full douche look :P :D

Can't wait till I'm old and I can wear a hat and smoke a pipe without being labelled as 'trendy' :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Chochese wrote: »
    Get some skinny jeans and a trilby too, might as well go for the full douche look :P :D

Can't wait till I'm old and I can wear a hat and smoke a pipe without being labelled as 'trendy' :cool:

i cant wait till im old so i can shoplift and blame it on the Alzheimer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Heathen wrote: »
    i cant wait till im old so i can shoplift and blame it on the Alzheimer :D

I wish i was a kid again so i could shoplift and tell them my name was Al Zheimer. If only I had realised when I was a kid that you can get away with anything......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The Good Doctor

world wide wines is the spot for tabacco , pipe cleaners etc. also they have a small selection of pipes on display in there but I would suggest you buy online. ebay is fantastic for picking up nice and sometimes unusual pipes on the cheap for your collection. Remember you will need a seperate pipe for each type of tabacco you try so buying a couple of cheaply priced pipes on ebay is the way forward for anyone new to the pipe scene. On a side note - make sure to try sweet kilarney tabacco - its excellent and www stock it.

Advertisement