Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sound when I play DVD

• 04-01-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I recently moved into new house and I'm having trouble with my dvd player.
    Have a new Samsung tv and decided a few days ago to hook up the the dvd player.
    When I put on the dvd the was a perfect picture but no sound. Well when I say no sound there was backround sound on the dvd like a car driving by or shots been fired in shoot em up, that sort of thing but I could not hear any of the conversations between the actors. Very strange.

All I have going from tv to dvd is a scart lead, thought this would be enough to give proper picture/sound.

Any advice appreciated.

Bull

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

sounds like scart is either loose on one end or has a few pins missing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Also check the DVD audio settings are set to output stereo not 5.1 (Dolby or dts or 5.1) There may be separate downmix options for Dolby and dts - change these to 2 channel stereo.

It could be sending out 5.1 channel audio in which case only the Left and Right channels are audible but the centre channel (dialogue), surround left and right going nowhere.

As its a new TV check if it supports RGB on one of the SCART inputs. Usually tells you in the Specifications in the back of the user manual.

Then set the DVD player to output RGB via FULLY WIRED scart and connect the lead to the appropriate sockets.

This gives you the better picture quality via SCART.

If both the TV and DVD have HDMI ports use those instead of SCART for better image and sound.

Advertisement