Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go in galway ??

Options
  • 04-01-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

headin to galway on the 22nd of january for a mates birthday for a night just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do ? where to go ?

most of us are students and young enuf so a good club and pub would be perfect !!

ohh and any ideas on cheap hotels would be great so far jury's inn seems the cheapest !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

hearmenow wrote: »
    headin to galway on the 22nd of january for a mates birthday for a night just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do ? where to go ?

most of us are students and young enuf so a good club and pub would be perfect !!

ohh and any ideas on cheap hotels would be great so far jury's inn seems the cheapest !!

Did you try the hostels? Wouldn't be a bad idea if there's a few of yee. I'd imagine the Best Western is cheap but you'd need a taxi to get out there.

Young crowd would be going to CP's for the night club. I'd say maybe try The Front Door for pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hearmenow

hostels are out of the question ( not my words couldnt give a rats where we stay :p )

jury's looks the best at this moment in time 109 for 3 ppl in a room isnt too bad at all for a hotel !!

cheers i'll give cp's and the front door a look appreciate the help !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Naughton's is a great 'authentic' pub - it's right in the centre of shop street.

Place right beside Naughton's does a mighty slice of authentic pizza.

O'Connell's in Eyre Square does a great pint of Guinness.

If you're into indie stuff, the Blue Note / Massimo's is a good bet. They're pretty much beside each other, ask anyone they'll tell you where it is.

McDonagh's chipper on Shop Street is also worth a gander. Lovely chips!

If you're up for it on the Sat/Sunday daytime, check out Charlie Byrne's bookshop.

hearmenow wrote: »
    hostels are out of the question ( not my words couldnt give a rats where we stay :p )

jury's looks the best at this moment in time 109 for 3 ppl in a room isnt too bad at all for a hotel !!

cheers i'll give cp's and the front door a look appreciate the help !

No problem. I heard before the Jurys is strict on bringing people back to your room so note to self, if ya meet a group of girls or whatever go to theirs. The Front Door is very close to Jurys. CP's is less than 10 minutes of a walk too.

There's plenty of good spots anyway, Just they seem to be the hot spots for young 'uns from what I can see

markesmith wrote: »
    If you're into indie stuff, the Blue Note / Massimo's is a good bet. They're pretty much beside each other, ask anyone they'll tell you where it is.

One of his friends is a student that doesn't want to sleep in a hostel. I think the Blue Note might not be his scene :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If there is a crowd of ye you wont get served in Neactains (and its not on Shop St) so Id give that a miss.
    Check out The Spanish Arch hotel for accomodation. Their room rates are usually cheaper than Jurys and they also have a late residents bar. Also try the Forster Court Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

travel lodge is the cheapest hotel in the city from what i see. Its bout a 10 min walk into the city centre or 3 minutes in a taxi

http://www.travelodgegalway.com/

Clubs: karma, cps or halo your best options

Pubs: front door, kellys, kings head, quays, bierhaus

awaits criticism...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lopppy

Hole in the wall is usually packed with students midweek, not till around half 10 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BuzyLizzy

Am...Hole In The Wall only if you're rough enough!!Student night out I'd reccommend The Skeff for a pub and they have a club attached called Karma which is a good spot that u will get at least a discount for in the pub. C.P's prob would be the best club for students though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

*CUBA......:p too soon??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

lopppy wrote: »
    Hole in the wall is usually packed with students midweek, not till around half 10 though
    That kinda stuff is covered:
    Wompa1 wrote: »
    One of his friends is a student that doesn't want to sleep in a hostel. I think the Blue Note might not be his scene :P

Advertisement