Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Senior XC 2011

• 04-01-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Can anybody confirm where is race will be held on Sunday 9th. I heard the same place as last year (kilmacow) but then someone else mentioned St abbon's are hosting it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

emerald007 wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm where is race will be held on Sunday 9th. I heard the same place as last year (kilmacow) but then someone else mentioned St abbon's are hosting it?

From the AL site:
    St Senan's AC will host the Leinster Junior and Senior Cross country and juvenile relays on Sunday 9th January 2011 in Kilmacow, Co Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

DOH - is this the third time they've held the senior down there. the turn out for this race seems to have dropped each year, and when the larger clubs for north leinster aren't bothered travelling isn't time to review the location for 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Its not helped that the All Ire Novice is the following week.
    I like the course down there, but the club have preferred to focus on the novice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Another well organised race by st senan's on kilmacow yesterday. wondering did anybody else have a GPS course measurement, since mine had 9.3km at the end. Was surprised to see that Dublin had no county teams entered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

yeah couple of other lads wore garmin and said it was something like 5.83miles or something, so obviously short
    was surprised at the small field
    and surprised dublin didn't declare a county team - but sure we in wexford won't complain after winning gold:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

I had 9.59k on my Garmin anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭terminator74

Yes the course was a bit short at 5.85 miles. Well organised race with great weather and underfoot conditions (also I had a chat with some very friendly St.Senans officials who were happy to give advice on the course!) The hill was killer as usual. I see the team and county results are in todays Irish Times but not available on Leinster athletics site. Unfortunately the turnout was low for a second year running. Obviously the choice of venue is impacting on some clubs decision to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Obviously the choice of venue is impacting on some clubs decision to attend.

National Novice next weekend is probably a bigger distraction than location

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭terminator74

http://www.athleticsleinster.org/
    Results now available for all events

Advertisement