Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bound by contract after expires

Options
  • 04-01-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have a 1 year contract that has recently expired, part of the contract states that I can't work for the company I'm out sourced to for anyone else (either directly or through another contract company) for 6 months after I leave the current contractor company.

My question is, am I bound to that rule considering I would be out of contract with the origional contractor?

Hope that makes sense, thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd say you need to talk to a solicitor if you're looking for very specific details like that; we can't offer legal advice here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Hi

I have a 1 year contract that has recently expired, part of the contract states that I can't work for the company I'm out sourced to for anyone else (either directly or through another contract company) for 6 months after I leave the current contractor company.

My question is, am I bound to that rule considering I would be out of contract with the origional contractor?

Hope that makes sense, thanks for any feedback.

A lot of them are bull****e terms in contracts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Rubbish IMO.

You cant be bound by an expired contract.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Rubbish IMO.

You cant be bound by an expired contract.
    You can but as always the devil is in the details. If OP for exampel worked in a highly sensitive area of R&D with creating a new product family it would most likely hold up in court; if he was the clerk sorting the mail in the mailroom very unlikely.

Only one that can give a better answer though would be a solicitor as noted as we don't know the details of OPs work or have the authority to give legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Nody wrote: »
    Only one that can give a better answer though would be a solicitor as noted as we don't know the details of OPs work or have the authority to give legal advice.

I think we'll have to leave it at that.

Edit - sorry for putting in a last word when the thread is locked, but I just wanted to point out that just because the employment period is over doesn't mean that you're absolved of any agreements you made in your contract.

Here's a link that might help:
    http://www.irishjobs.ie/ForumWW/WWIndividualArticle.aspx?ParentID=80&CID=190&ForumTypeID=2815

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement