Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny behaviour, anyone explain it ?

• 04-01-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I have a 14 week old kerry blue terrier bitch, from time to time while playing with me on the couch, she will "mount" my arm and start thrusting herself in and out !

Surely she is too young to have any "breeding" instincts yet, and anyway as shes a bitch surely this is something a dog would do, I have no idea what this means, anyone explain it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fairly normal puppy playing behaviour. Within a group of dogs, thrusting is dominance play and is done by either males or females.

Allowing her to do it doesn't mean that you're telling her she's dominant, though it is important to ensure that at the end of the play session, she knows who's boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Thanks for the explaination, learning every day with our new pup............

Advertisement