Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bentley wants to leave

Options
  • 04-01-2011 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Bentley wants to leave Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed David Bentley is hoping to leave White Hart Lane.

Bentley has slipped way down the pecking order this season and would not appear to figure in Redknapp's plans for the rest of the campaign.
    The former Arsenal and Blackburn Rovers man has made only three appearances this term and is thought to be keen on a move away in search of regular first-team action.
    With Spurs also linked with David Beckham, Bentley appears to be surplus to requirements at the club and Redknapp can understand the midfielder's frustration.
    Several Barclays Premier League clubs have been credited with an interest in Bentley and Redknapp admits a number of teams are chasing the 26-year-old.
    "David (Bentley) did well at the end of last season but he wants to play," said Redknapp.
    "It's difficult. He's not happy because he's not playing and I understand that.
    "I wouldn't want him to sit there and say 'I'll take my wages'. He needs to play somewhere and there are a few clubs that want him."

No harm to see him go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Writing was on the wall for ages. Hopefully we'll get £10 million out of this if we're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

There is a God after all .....

We'll get 6/7m if lucky Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Be doing well to get £4m in the current market. Even Villa or Sunderland wouldn't go much higher, and they've got the deepest pockets at the mo.

Feel sorry for him, as he's a boyhood Spurs fan. Still, there's a reason he's not being picked.

In Harry I trust!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

5m at most I'd say but the wages off the books will also be great. Between him and Robbie it sure must be the bones of 120-150k between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Won't be sad to see the back of him tbh, some of recent performances have been arrogantly poor.

He will however always be remembered at the lane for this moment of magic ;)

david-bentley-v-arsenal-o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd be surprised if we got more than £5 million for him but I'd take it in a heartbeat and give the likes of Rose a chance if we don't sign anyone else.

To look on the bright side of his time at Spurs:
    • His signing seemed to spur Lennon on to develop his game and get closer to fulfilling his potential.
    • He played a significant enough role after christmas last season as we secured Champions League football.
    • That goal at the emirates.

Advertisement