Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retraining

Options
  • 04-01-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,

I'm a mother of two young children, currently working full time, and looking to retrain in either the areas of teaching, childcare or counselling. I would ideally like to achieve this through part time distance learning, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding my options.

I've been looking at the postgraduate primary school teaching qualification from Hibernia College, and the Diploma and BSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy at PCI. Time and financial constraints are a big factor in my decision (as I'm sure they are for us all, especially these days), and, awful as it might sound, I'm looking for the speediest and hopefully cheapest route towards a new career.

I really appreciate any help that anyone can offer; thanks so much in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

Check out the college of progressive education and chevron training. they both do distance learning fetac childcare courses. Haven't dealt with them myself but I've seen people on other forums suggesting college of prog ed.

Advertisement