Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heat Pump

• 04-01-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi There

Am in the process of building at the moment, UFH down, MHRV in, air-tightness going in today, so am now on to deciding on my heating system.
    Am leaning towards the Daikin Altherma Air-to-Water Heat Pump to run the underfloor heating and hot water.
    Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this unit, i have received a good price for complete install from a company who seem to me to know what they are talking about.
    I know there are a lot of threads on Heat Pumps already on here, but i am looking for some up-to-date / more recent experiences on running costs, suitability etc.....

Thanks in advance
    JB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

JB81 wrote: »
    Hi There

Am in the process of building at the moment, UFH down, MHRV in, air-tightness going in today, so am now on to deciding on my heating system.
    Am leaning towards the Daikin Altherma Air-to-Water Heat Pump to run the underfloor heating and hot water.
    Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this unit, i have received a good price for complete install from a company who seem to me to know what they are talking about.
    I know there are a lot of threads on Heat Pumps already on here, but i am looking for some up-to-date / more recent experiences on running costs, suitability etc.....

Thanks in advance
    JB

JB,

I think discussion of particular makes is generally not permitted. I have sent you a PM on my limited experience with Daikin.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

Sent you PM for same reason

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Hey guys I am in the same boat as JB, could you forward the pm on to me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The First Guru

Have had one for over a year now, Way cheaper than oil, Needs to be installed correctly, Beware the bad installers!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Hi First Guru

Would you be able to PM the company you got to install it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

I have a 10KW heatpump which i bought second hand but the finances are low and dont think i can afford to put it in now... Has anyone an idea how much this would cost me or where would be the best place to sell one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭al2009

Andrew

Is it Ground source or air to air/air to water?

Alec

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Hi Alec... Its ground source

Advertisement