Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjusting bath height

• 04-01-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I am looking to adjust the height of my bath at the drain end. I want to lower it approx 10mm. I took a picture of the supporting legs. Do these just need to be rotated clockwise to lower the height?

Mods :Not sure if this thread belongs in DIY or Plumbing and Heating. Please move if needs be, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yes,

Is the top of the bath sitting level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

As above. Also when you adjust it your going to need to adjust your waist.

To adjust the bath just take the nails out and adjust it. Make sure the bath is level when finished or you will get one or two possible problems.

1, The waste water will not flow away
    2. The row of tiles will look off even if straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Yes,

Is the top of the bath sitting level?

No. It's sloping away from drain :rolleyes:
    As above. Also when you adjust it your going to need to adjust your waist.

To adjust the bath just take the nails out and adjust it. Make sure the bath is level when finished or you will get one or two possible problems.

1, The waste water will not flow away
    2. The row of tiles will look off even if straight.

It's number 1 at the moment. The seal I have on the bath is something called Teleseal. There's 10 mm of play in it so in theory it'll stay in place when the bath is dropped. In theory!

Advertisement