Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No dole there for me today

• 04-01-2011 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

So the last payment I got was on the 31st. I saw on their website that payments will resume as normal starting on the 4th. The two payments seemed a little too close together but I figured I'd go down anyway.

There was nothing, the woman told me and even checked again to see when I'd be paid next. She said there was nothing there and said I need to phone the dole office to sort it out. Did this happen to anyone else today? Does anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

perhaps you need to sign on again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Idunnolol

Grimes wrote: »
    perhaps you need to sign on again?

Nope, I don't need to sign on till the 11th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Idunnolol wrote: »
    So the last payment I got was on the 31st. I saw on their website that payments will resume as normal starting on the 4th. The two payments seemed a little too close together but I figured I'd go down anyway.

There was nothing, the woman told me and even checked again to see when I'd be paid next. She said there was nothing there and said I need to phone the dole office to sort it out. Did this happen to anyone else today? Does anyone know what's going on?

Well my brother collected his payment on friday too and was told he would'nt have any payment today until next tuesday,maybe its the same for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭eddiehen

There is an agreement with An Post and the DSP where they pay out all JA payments on the Monday before they're due. If this Monday is a BH then they pay out the Friday beforehand. If you look at the pay period on your receipt it should explain. (I take it this is your first JA payment or at least your first around a BH??)

Well my brother collected his payment on friday too and was told he would'nt have any payment today until next tuesday,maybe its the same for you?

Probably, I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did you ring the sw office?

Did you ring the sw office?

Yes, my local dole office doesn't answer their phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Wasnt there a double week 3 weeks ago to cover last week. Fridays payment was for this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Yes, my local dole office doesn't answer their phone.
    Absolute joke. Those people should be put against a wall and shot. Imagine telling your boss in the private service that you're not answering the phone. Close the door on your way out.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

This happened to me as well today.

My last collection covered me up to January 4th (as it said on the receipt.)

I was told in the post office that they won't have another payment for me until the 11th.

She didn't know why, and said I'd have to contact the social welfare office to question it. (which I will do tomorrow; it was too late to ring them today.)

A bit strange. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what's going on?

EDIT: Here are the details from my last receipt:

Date of collection: 31/12/2010

Pay Period: 22/12/10 to 28/12/10
    Net Amount Due: 196.00

Pay Period: 29/12/10 to 04/01/11
    Net Amount Due: 188.00

TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE: 384.00

I went to the post office on 05/01/11 (today) to collect my next payment, but was told there was nothing there and wouldn't be until 11/01/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I got paid today no prob, but its down to 188euro a week, is this cause of the budget cuts?? I havnt been following as close as I should have.

Also, before xmas I got a letter saying that my PRSI contributions are running out. Im not sure what they mean by this cause Iv been getting paid, im just worried that next week or something i'll turn up and no payment will be there, anyone have any info on this for me please??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

whirlpool wrote: »
    This happened to me as well today.

My last collection covered me up to January 4th (as it said on the receipt.)

I was told in the post office that they won't have another payment for me until the 11th.

She didn't know why, and said I'd have to contact the social welfare office to question it. (which I will do tomorrow; it was too late to ring them today.)

A bit strange. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what's going on?

EDIT: Here are the details from my last receipt:

Date of collection: 31/12/2010

Pay Period: 22/12/10 to 28/12/10
    Net Amount Due: 196.00

Pay Period: 29/12/10 to 04/01/11
    Net Amount Due: 188.00

TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE: 384.00

I went to the post office on 05/01/11 (today) to collect my next payment, but was told there was nothing there and wouldn't be until 11/01/11.

The advance payments were just for the holiday period and have ended and it reverts to usual system. On the 11th, your receipt will be to cover from 05/01/11 to 11/01/11.

Balagan wrote: »
    The advance payments were just for the holiday period and have ended and it reverts to usual system. On the 11th, your receipt will be to cover from 05/01/11 to 11/01/11.

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit uncertain; will there be a double payment there on the 11th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭upinthesky

i got my swa last friday because it wasnt there on the thursday and went to get it today but nothings there hope it will be there tomorrow i thought swa was paid on thursdays?

CHealy wrote: »
    I got paid today no prob, but its down to 188euro a week, is this cause of the budget cuts?? I havnt been following as close as I should have.

It was the same for my father. Yeah, it's less cause of the budget cuts.

Thanks for all the helpful replies everybody.

Balagan wrote: »

I'm a bit confused, does that mean my next payment will be a double week?

I'm a bit confused, does that mean my next payment will be a double week?

I'm confused by this too. My payments have always been collectible at the very beginning of the pay period. i.e. payments for the period of 08/11/10 to 14/11/10 have always been collectible from 08/11/10. It seems some people have had a different system, i.e. for them that payment would only be collectible from 14/11/10. And therefore seeking advice on this from fellow Social Welfare payment-receivers has been a bit of a headache since they don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I went to collect my €7.10 today and there was nothing. Rang SW office and was told by the nice lady that the budget has knocked me off the register.

She said to get means tested again. As we were building at the time we were tested we had the mortgage drawn down to my account. Now we have nothing in the accounts, it might change.

Our local office answers the phones and calls back if they can't deal with you then and there. Don't know what's wrong with them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

CHealy wrote: »

Also, before xmas I got a letter saying that my PRSI contributions are running out. Im not sure what they mean by this cause Iv been getting paid, im just worried that next week or something i'll turn up and no payment will be there, anyone have any info on this for me please??

Yes it's €188 from now on. Your'e PRSI or stamps as people say are what you paid while working. So when these run out you'll get a means test letter from you're local office . You'll have to say what savings etc. you have with bank statements attatched. If you have under 20k in savings you're dole of €188 will stay the same.

Been on the dole is a pain in the hole.:(

whirlpool wrote: »
    I'm confused by this too. My payments have always been collectible at the very beginning of the pay period. i.e. payments for the period of 08/11/10 to 14/11/10 have always been collectible from 08/11/10. It seems some people have had a different system, i.e. for them that payment would only be collectible from 14/11/10. And therefore seeking advice on this from fellow Social Welfare payment-receivers has been a bit of a headache since they don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

You know, usually I'm able to collect my Dole a day early. You should try going to the post office on the Monday instead of Tuesday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement