Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortage question

Options
  • 04-01-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a question about my mortage, Currently it is with KBC, on a fixed rate of 4.7 which costs us E1179 per month, In the next month or so we finish on the fixed term rate and they have offered us these rates

A variable rate of 3.85
    A 2 yr fixed of 4.15
    A 3 yr fixed of 4.25
    A 4 yr fixed of 4.48

Im not great at this stuff and would like some opinions, What would you do and roughly what can we expect to pay at these rates

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Considering the state of the economy at present I'd jump on the 4 year fixed rate ASAP. From the information you have given, that's lower than what you are currently on so your monthly payments will pobably be cheaper also, and you have the peace of mind that your payments will remain the same for the next four years.

Variable rates are just too risky at present in my opinion.

Good luck with your choice!
    shnethb wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a question about my mortage, Currently it is with KBC, on a fixed rate of 4.7 which costs us E1179 per month, In the next month or so we finish on the fixed term rate and they have offered us these rates

A variable rate of 3.85
    A 2 yr fixed of 4.15
    A 3 yr fixed of 4.25
    A 4 yr fixed of 4.48

Im not great at this stuff and would like some opinions, What would you do and roughly what can we expect to pay at these rates

Many thanks

Advertisement