Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value dentists in Waterford?

• 04-01-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, my boyfriend is over here for a month from the U.K and has had a filling fall out - he is in agony at the moment.

Neither of us are flush right now, so was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dentist who won't charge the earth for an extraction. Not even sure how much an extraction costs these days, it's been that long since I visited the dentist!

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I had a wisdom tooth pulled last year at the place up in ferrybank only cost me €40

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow, that's pretty reasonable alright, is that the place on Fountain Street?

Been phoning round and prices are varying from €70 - 120 so far.

Same thing would have cost him £16 on the NHS....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I wonder whether something like this is covered under the whole EU free medical treatment thing while he is on holiday here? My description of the scheme borders on the ridiculous, sorry about that, but it is in place for folks on holidays and may cover emergency dental if he announced that it had just happened and was serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Crusher Shanahan, I called him a bolcoks once and he took out one of my teeth in about half a second, didn't even charge me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

dazftw wrote: »
    I had a wisdom tooth pulled last year at the place up in ferrybank only cost me €40

I agree with dazftw, I'd highly recommend Ferrybank Dental Practice.

Dentists name is Ronan O'Donovan - Telephone - 897 805

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm just in from a visit to the dentist, just had a check-up, scaling and had varnish painted on a couple of sensitive teeth.

I switched dentists last week due to costs and moved to the dental practice in Ardkeen shopping centre and saw Aisling Bannon. This was my 2nd appointment with her, saw her New Year's Eve as an emergency and she's lovely so I've no hesitation in recommending her.

I'm being refered on to an endodontist and that's going to be painful both physically and financially but the endodontist is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Claudia Muegge.
    http://www.whatclinic.com/dentists/ireland/county-waterford/waterford/belvedere-dental-clinic

came in and saw me on a saturday when I lost half my molar.. what a woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

deisemum wrote: »
    I'm just in from a visit to the dentist, just had a check-up, scaling and had varnish painted on a couple of sensitive teeth.

Do you mind me asking how much that cost? I was thinking of getting this done soon. You can PM me if you would rather. Thanks.

Advertisement