Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yorkshire puds won't rise

Options
  • 04-01-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

i just can't get them to rise.i want to make toad in the hole heres my recipe.
    heat oven to max.
    150g plain flour to that add 2 eggs 150ml milk 150ml water salt and pepper.
    Then after i've wisked everything i leave it for about 10mins. Then i add the mix to a 37cm x 30cm roasting tin that has been heating in the oven with 2tbs of veg oil and now is very hot.half a hour later flat eggy yorkshires.:confused: HELP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Are you leaving the tin in the oven long enough for the fat to get really sizzling hot? Also, are you opening the oven at any stage?

I make them using this BBCGoodfood recipe and they always work out well for me.

• 140g plain flour (this is about 200ml/7fl oz)
    • 4 eggs (200ml/7fl oz)
    • 200ml milk
    • sunflower oil , for cooking
    Beat the eggs and flour together, and then gradually add the milk whisking all the time until completely smooth, i usually leave the tin in the oven til its smoking hot then pour the batter mix into it from a jug(quicker and less messy)

Never had a problem with them not rising-its the opposite, had to take a shelf out of the oven as they were rising through the top one!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

cheers worked a treat just have to tweek for tin size and that.

Advertisement